Mark Davison today announced in the Microsoft Smartphone Newsgroup the availability for the public Beta of SmartNotes. SmartNotes enables you to create and edit notes on your PC. These notes are stored on your Smartphone and can be accessed from the programs menu on your phone.
- Create and Edit notes using your PC (notes are stored on your Smartphone).
- WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor - when you view the notes on your Smartphone they will look the same as when you created the note on your PC.
- Text in notes can be formatted using color (red / black), bold, italic and underline.
- Create sub folders off the root folder to categorize your notes.
- Move notes between folders (excluding Outlook folder).
- Delete notes.
- Enter phone numbers. When viewing the note on your Smartphone, you can automatically dial the phone number.
- Create hyperlinks between notes.
- Enter URL's. When viewing the note on your Smartphone, you can automatically navigate to the web site.
- Import notes from Microsoft Outlook.
- Cut, Copy, Paste and Undo functionality.
- On-line help.
- Print the notes on your phone from your PC.
- Backup notes onto your PC.
- Restore backups.
- Works on locked and un-locked Smartphones - all you need to do is install the program on your PC.
It is recommended to install SmartNotes under Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook is required for sure!
Great work, finally you get an option to keep your Outlook Notes with you, something I really missed and can't understand why it isn't synchronized!
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information]