During the past weeks I got a couple of E-Mails from the::unwired readers as well as from friends and co-workers if there is a solution which syncs Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PCs with Lotus Notes.
In many corporate environments, Lotus Notes is used instead of Outlook and therefore ActiveSync (even if required to establish a synchronization channel between the PC and the Pocket PC) is not synching the Lotus Notes calendar, contacts, inbox or tasklist.
In the past, many users used "Cadenza" from CommonTime to get Windows Mobile devices synced with the PC local but since the release of Windows Mobile 5.0 it was unclear if mNotes (the new name of Cadenza) still works with Microsoft's latest Windows Mobile version and it does!
I've recently contacted CommonTime and got the confirmation that mNotes 4.1 works fine with Windows Mobile 5.0. mNotes 4.1 for Windows Mobile 5.0 provides you:
- Full folder and multiple mail file support
- Full attachment support
- Remote forwarding
- Accept/decline/counterpropose/delegate meeting invitations
- Push new mail automatically
- Support for multiple personal, public and custom Notes address
- View contacts by categories, individually or in combination
- Support filtering of any address book
- Import/export of contacts
- Free time searching
- No loss of data integrity for true repeating entries and
- Meetings notices handled just like Notes
- Room and resource reservation
- Multiple calendar support
- Push new data automatically
- Complete delegated tasks, with notification sent to
- Multiple task list support
- Optional archiving of completed tasks
- Take notes on your Pocket PC and replicate them to
the desktop/server for office based access
mNotes costs around GBP 42 and is also available in a time limited test-version.
Good to know, that mNotes still works with the latest Windows Mobile devices, even if CommonTime hasn't found the time so far to update the website.
Cheers ~ Arne