Microsoft just released an security update for Internet Explorer/Windows users which is strongly recommended to install immediately (therefore also my web server will be offline for the next couple of minutes):
Who should read this document: Customers who are using Microsoft Internet Explorer on Desktop PCs (it's not about Pocket PCs or Smartphones!).
Impact of vulnerability: Remote Code Execution
Maximum Severity Rating: Critical
Recommendation: Systems administrators should apply the security update immediately.
- Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 6a
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Service Pack 6a
- Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0 Terminal Server Edition, Service Pack 6
- Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 2, Service Pack 3, Service Pack 4
- Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition, Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 64-Bit Edition
- Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1
- Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (64-Bit Edition)
- Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003
- Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Server 2003 (64-Bit Edition)
- Internet Explorer 6
- Internet Explorer 5.5 Service Pack 2
- Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 4
- Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 3
- Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2
MAXIMUM SEVERITY RATING: Critical
WHAT IS IT?
The Microsoft Security Response Center has released Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-004 which concerns vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. Customers are advised to review the information in the bulletin, test and deploy the update immediately in their environments, if applicable.
IMPACT OF VULNERABILITY: Remote Code Execution
This is a cumulative update that includes the functionality of all the previously-released updates for Internet Explorer 5.01, Internet Explorer 5.5, and Internet Explorer 6.0. Additionally, it eliminates the following three newly-discovered vulnerabilities.
Related Links : [More Information]