It definitely looks like that Microsoft's recently announced Windows Mobile 7 Series hasn't had to do anything with the company's long-time rumored project Pink but Pink a project of its own! Gizmodo just reports that it has received a couple of information and confirmed that Pink is still alive and coming at Verizon as Microsoft's confirmed carrier partner. A tipster passed Gizmodo an extensive set of marketing materials, in which a promotional plan for the Pink-launch is laid out in detail (however, Gizmodo decided to keep most of the proposed campaign's contents anonymous for the sake of its tipster). And while the documents don't talk about specs or software details there's plenty of information anyway:
- The early Pink renders (code-named Turtle and Pure) - leaked back in September - are exactly the same included in the proposal which was passed to the advertising firm by Microsoft.
- Verizon is a launch partner for the device and probably an exclusive carrier. The branding and marketing in the documents suggests a joint Microsoft/Verizon launch.
- Pink phones aren't running Windows Phone 7.
- Social networking is all over the proposal (and presumably the Pink phone).
- It's suggested that the platform has apps of some sort.
Since the documents come from a party working with Microsoft, a few things are missing: there's no mention of a release name for the product and there's no expected release date mentioned. However, the documents are just days old and hint at a near-term launch which could mean a launch at or around CTIA at the end of this month.
Cheers ~ Arne