Handster Inc., a new - let's say - online shop for Windows Mobile software, today released an embedded payment solution for Pocket PC shareware. Handster provides a solution for integration of payment into shareware programs. Software developers can extend existing conventional registration with the payment screens.
Integrated programs have a 'Buy' button in the menu and show a "Buy/Try" screen on startup. On clicking the "Buy" button in the program the user can enter his credit card directly on his PDA.
Secure SSL transaction is executed via GPRS (if available) or via ActiveSync when the PDA synchronizes with an Internet-connected desktop PC. Once the payment is completed, the application gets unlocked automatically.
Benefits for end-users:
- It saves time. You can pay for the program directly on your PDA, while
having a free time on your way.
- It is simple. You don't need to register anywhere, look for emails with
a registration code and enter the code on the device. Program unlocks
automatically, once you paid for the program with a credit card.
- It is convenient. No need to search in the Internet for the program you
have already tried for some time and would like to have. You can buy it from
the embedded payment screens.
- No surprises with unexpected trial expiration. If the program trial is
expired, you can enter your credit card and use the program for some more
time. Once you connect your PDA to the Internet, the payment is
automatically completed and the program is unlocked for unlimited time.
You can download high quality programs with embedded payments from Handster website.
Benefits for software vendors
- Win more customers. Software vendors won't lose the customers who
installed programs, liked them, but forgot the website where the
programs were downloaded from or just have no time to search for them in
the Internet again.
- Catch the moment. By offering a content-bound payment, software
vendors catch customers with the payment offer at the moment, when they
are most interested in the program.
- Higher Sales/Download ratio. With embedded payments, more downloaded
programs can be bought.
- New distribution ways. Except easy and convenient payment process,
the integrated payment opens new ways to software distribution, for
example using SD cards or CDs.
Benefits for OEM, hardware vendors and distributors:
- Distribute for free, earn later. Hardware distributors can
bundle software with a hardware device and profit when the user buys
- Keep bundle costs low. Hardware distributors can bundle premium
software with the devices without raising the package costs.
- Various distribution ways. Software can be distributed by the
- Preinstalled on devices.
- On an SD card, when sold with the device.
- On a free CD that is shipped with the device.
- Easily track all software sales. Handster solution allows
adding a distributor's email to the programs. Once a program is
purchased, the payback notification email is send to the
distributor, so he can track all sales in real time.
- Make device more attractive. By providing additional
content, hardware distributors would make devices more
attractive for end-users. End-users are more likely to buy a
Pocket PC PDA/Smartphone from a distributor in the future again.
Handster is a new digital rights management and software
distribution company, specializing on software for Windows
Mobile devices. Founded in 2004, company aims to open new
distribution channels and find new markets for Pocket PC
High quality programs with embedded payment and further
information can be found on the Handster website:
If you are a developer and want to request access to the payment
API or to get sample CDs and booklets, you can contact Handster
Cheers ~ Arne