Maybe you have also changed your Today screen appointment plug-in from the original Pocket PC plug-in to MohairSofa's Calendar+? But if you are also using Microsoft's Pocket Streets for Pocket PC, did you know you can find the place of your next appointment right away from the device Today screen?
MohairSofa Calndar+ is a free utility which emulates the standard Pocket PC Calendar plug-in exactly, except that it offers more features. Features include the ability to see multiple days, the ability to look a given number of appointments ahead, and multiple ways of displaying the various calendar fields. Also it let you beam a selected appointment right from the Today screen and it let you search for your selected appointment in Pocket Streets:
- Go to the Today screen and tap and hold the appointment you want to find your way too; a pop-up menu will open:
- Select "Find On Map".
- Pocket Streets opens the "Find Address" screen and offers you fitting locations, based on your Calendar location:
- Tap "ok" and Pocket Outlook shows you your next appointment on the map - already "push-pinned" with the appointment name as pushpin title:
Tips for better use
- Make sure your map is already selected in Pocket Streets before you search for your appointment location. You can not switch the map if you are using this way to search for a location. Otherwise, Pocket Streets tries to find the address in the previously selected map.
- Make sure you enter the appointment location as detailed as possible with proper street name.
This is a pretty easy and convenient way to to find your next appointment, now I would like to see routing support as well. Then I don't have to enter my destination into my navigation anymore but can simply select it from the Today screen!
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More about MohairSofa Calendar+] [More about Microsoft Pocket Streets]