Looks like someone at Sprint accidentally posted the new features and bug-fixes of the long-awaited upcoming Palm webOS 1.4 firmware update at the official Sprint forum. However, shortly after the change-log was posted, it was removed again but nevertheless, we can expect the announced feature-updates and fixes as confirmed. According to the posting, tonight (26 February) Sprint's Palm Pre and Palm Pixi device users will receive an Over the Air (OTA) notification to download the new 1.4 webOS software release and this update features a massive amount of fixes and enhancements.
- Time Zone bug fixed
- Network time sync bug fixed to reflect accurate Network time
- Bluetooth car-kit transition to device corrected
- No EV icon bug fixed (random)
- Random browser formatting bugs fixed
- Fixed bug that incorrectly displayed Sprint when actually was Digital Roaming
- Missing Contact issue specifically with swap down to 220.127.116.11 or less
- Phonebook Transfer (import & export)
- Adds Video Capture capability & edit
- Improved Performance (Phone & CAL)
- Calendar Enhancements
- Messaging Enhancements
- E-Mail Enhancements
- Notification Enhancements
- Adds Adobe Flash 10.0 (Pre only)
The 1.4 software adds the ability to use the Flash 10.0 Adobe plug-in which will be available shortly from the Palm Application Catalogue.
While some of the fixes are pretty Sprint-network/CDMA centric, the enhancements are well awaited by the webOS community and should be released for the GSM Palm Pre as well.
However, at this point it's unknown when Palm will release the webOS 1.4 GSM update for its European Pre users.
Cheers ~ Arne