ATEKsoft CoolCamera is a third party application to take pictures and videos with several Windows Mobile Pocket PC and Smartphone devices and basically replaces the inbuilt camera application. It's providing many more features then the current camera applications can do, including using your Windows Mobile device as a webcam for your PC messenger services.
At the moment, it works with HTC Pocket PCs like the i-mate JAM, T-Mobile MDA Compact, QTEK S100/S110, O2 Xda mini, Orange SPV M500, Dopod 818, O2 Xda IIi, Dopod 699, i-mate PDA2, Qtek 2020i as well as Qtek 8300, Qtek 8310, i-mate SP5 and i-mate SP5m Smartphones and many more.
Now, Ateksoft has released a new version with the following new features:
- High frame rate (up to 25 fps) and smooth video
- Efficient encoding algorithm
- Easy camera control, all actions can be performed using hardware buttons only
- Camera adjustment without leaving view-finder mode
- Interval picture capturing
- High resolution video in motion JPEG AVI format
- Pause/resume video recording process
- Webcamera mode (even through Wi-Fi!) which can be used in following applications:
- Skype v188.8.131.52
- VirtualDub v1.6.10
- MSN Messenger v7.5
- Yahoo Messenger v7.5
- WebcamXP v2.30
- VLC Media Player v0.8.5
- Windows Media Encoder v9.00
The full version of ATEKsoft CoolCamera costs US$ 14.90 but a free trial version is also available.
Cheers ~ Arne