If you own a Microsoft Media Center Edition PC you might also miss the option to convert your TV recordings to a different format to watch it on other devices then the MCE.
MyTV ToGo might be the tool for your since it copy television shows recorded on your Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition PC to your Windows Mobile based Pocket PC or Smartphone. MyTV ToGo converts recording to Microsoft's WMV format and copies shows right from Media Center or from any Windows XP machine connected to your Media Center PC through a home network.
- Runs on Windows MCE 2004, Windows MCE 2005, or Windows XP connected to a Windows MCE PC over a network
- Copy Windows Media Center Edition television shows to your Pocket PC
- Copy television shows directly to your Pocket PC or create a library of shows in your "My Videos" folder
- Select from three different playback quality settings: Good, Better or Best
- Record up to 16 half-hour television shows on a single 512MB card using "Good" quality
- Record up to 12 half-hour television shows on a single 512MB card using "Better" quality
- Record up to 8 half-hour television shows on a single 512MB card using "Best" quality
- Copy and convert television shows in the background while you use Media Center
- Works with or without a Pocket PC connected to your Windows PC
- Automatically detects Pocket PC connectivity
- Installation package includes: Quick Start Guide, MyTV ToGo, and MyTV ToGo Activation Utility
- Minimum Requirements: Windows Media Center Edition + Windows Mobile based Pocket PC running at 300Mhz or greater.
MyTV ToGo is available from Handango for US$ $19.95 but doesn't includes a trial version, unfortunately. Nevertheless, this utility looks as it is what I've missed to get get TV recordings converted to a more used format.
Cheers ~ Arne