Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / GSM, GPRS, EDGE & UMTS Accessories / Vodafone Mobile Connect Card and iPAQ 3870 Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

davem

Website

Hi Folks,

If any one can help me here I would be much obliged.

I have the above configuration and am unable to run a browser up or make any useable connection -  ie use a browser etc.  The iPAQ and Card were supplied by Vodaphone, I orriginally used an Erricson T68 to connect and this worked fine.  Due to problems with Linux on my laptop I want to use the GPRS card in the unused iPAQ.

When I start the browser the card connects, then the answering station disconnects after about 30 secs.

I have contacted Vodafone Support and checked the Vodafone web site - the support people tell me that it is impossible, this is contradicted by the web site.

I have configured the Mobile Connect Card as follows;

APN - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/access
Dial - *99#
user - web
pass - web
Domain - Blank
DNS & DHCP - Accept Assigned IP's

Dialing Location - g in all fields

If I connect using a terminal and use atdt*99# then it looks like the comms settings are wrong but they are;

8 Data
No Parity
2 Stop
Hardware Flow Control

If any one has been successful with this connection I'd really like to hear.

Rgds

Dave Munro

DubWireless

Loyal Board Member

hi davem,

Vodafone UK can you try using internet as the Access Point Name (APN) field instead of the web address you currently have e.g.
APN - internet

is it the Vodafone branded Option Globetrotter card - and did they supply you with Pocket PC drivers / software for it?

BrianG

Forum Helper PPCW.Net - Where Mobility meets Wireless

Get your long awaited Microsoft Smartphone and Phone Edition here from PPCW.Net Shop
Get latest Pocket PC Software here and Smartphone Software here

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.