Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / General News / FUN: Do more with your Bluetooth equipped i-Mate SMP and PPC Phone Edition Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

If
you are a happy owner of one of the i-Mate 2003 devices, such as the PPCW.Net i-Mate
Smartphone2 or Pocket PC Phone Edition, soon more fun will come to your devices!
Who told you that the Bluetooth implementation for the Smartphone and Pocket PC
Phone Edition 2003 is weak if you can drive a car with it!? ;-)i-Mate is
presenting a showcase on the 3GSM World Congress which lets you navigate a RC
car via Bluetooth - just using your Pocket PC Phone Edition or Smartphone and
best of all is - it\'s not a showcase only but i-Mate will bring this RC cars to
the market - expected to be released in a couple of months!

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Marauderz

I'm too lazy to register

It's the tilt control from http://www.ecertech.com !!! I'm trying to get one to test my developement on.. but... shrug.. Malaysian credit cards ain't quite welcomed online...  =P Curse those unscrupulous people!

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Dale Reeck

I'm too lazy to register

Maybe HTC should work on getting a decent bluetooth software implementation on their devices first. I think we need things like proper headset implementation and real serial port support not requiring third party hacks before we need radio controlled bluetooth cars.

Wiz

I'm too lazy to register

Ericsson already has them on the market ... I actually took one home only to find out there's only Symbian support untill now, but nevertheless .....

Geoff Bullock

I'm too lazy to register

Wow! Just what I needed! And to think I was looking for ways of connecting my IMate to bluetooth, Wi Fi and GPS without running around crazily trying to find ANYONE in Australia who knew anything other than how to sell the phone... and I thought that this phone was for businss users.. gee wiz

lvermont

I'm too lazy to register

Wee, a new office toy. smile I think I'll get 2 and have a drag race with my co-worker to settle differences since he has an XDA 2 smile

Fidel

I'm too lazy to register

I can't believe it. These guys come up with such a stupid and useless idea when I have spent hours and hours trying to configure my iMate PPC to do simple things such as:

1.- Sync over BT

2.- Act as a BT GPRS modem for my PC

3.- Work (simply work) "properly" with my BT headset (because I no longer expect to use "advanced functionalities" such as voice dialing or redialing last number...)

4.-  Etc...not to mention that my BT carkit is not working with the iMate (since it doesn't support the hands free profile!) and that I had to buy a new hands free that works over the headset profile (but then I can't have two different headsets configured over BT and I need to pair the devices every time I either want to use my carkit or my headset...incredible!!!)

Please Arne, I think we should be more serious with this matters. I believe there are a whole bunch of us, "not so happy" iMate users, that have been looking for some advanced features of the BT stack and SW installed in the iMate and really feel that such stories are an ofense to us. I totally agree with Dale Reeck and Geoff Bullock.

I have asked you these questions so many times that I really feel stupid doing it again but:

1.- Can't you transmit this comments to HTC?

2.- Can you do anything about it?

3.- Can we, users, make any sort of pressure to obtain an answer?

4.- Is there any SW maker able to solve some of this problems?

I really think the iMate is a great device, but there are some features that work so bad that makes me rethink of getting a simple mobile phone...

How is it possible that no one has realized that the area over which one should point with the stylus to turn on and off wireless capabilities is SO SMALL??

Wouldn't it be much easier to have an on/off BIG button on the screen to press it with a finger??

How is it possible that no noise comes out of the iMate when you turn wireless on or off, making yourself very insecure when (i.e.) turning it off getting into a plane??

Of course, you can wait for some...10-15 seconds sometimes to check that it has or it hasn't turned off...

How is it possible that the iMate doesn't remember to enable the BT headset every time you switch off BT?? (Can you imagine myself driving my car, hearing the iMate ringing in my jacket -on the back seat of course- and the phone call not jumping to the hands free because the fu...ing device doesn't enable the headset automatically?)

Sorry, but I check your site every day hoping I will find a great post that says all my BT problems are solved (not happened yet so far), and today I found this BT car story which pissed me off...

Best regards,

Fidel

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@all: Okay, I collected your feedback and I will keep it in mind. BUT there is something you have to keep in mind: i-mate isn't HTC so please don't blame them for faults of the Microsoft Bluetooth stack which is part of the HTC Wallaby. HTC finally have to decide which Bluetooth stack they are using and how much they improving the generic Windows Mobile 2003 stack! i-mate on the other hand used the implemented Bluetooth radio module and added value on top of it, so it's not i-mate fault but a proof that everything is possible with the Himalaya hardware!

Again, i-mate isn't the ODM but they know about your Bluetooth pains and working with HTC on improvements but as the show case above shows you - everything is possible, if companies are smart enough (including Microsoft and HTC in this case) to deliver the missing parts!

So I'm still fascinated that the i-Mate Phone Edition delivers these options, especially because that kind of features are not part of the generic Bluetooth stack but implemented by 3rd parties.

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

eddie

I'm too lazy to register

ill take one, this will impress my friends at school and at their houses. Finally ill use my bt on my ipaq 5555.

pdantic

I'm too lazy to register

Sweeeeeet! I can't wait to drive that car around the office from my 4150. This is a great idea for explaining Bluetooth to non-techies. Right now when I start talking about doing device pairings and using my BT phone as a modem for the 4150, all I get is blank looks. :-)

pdantic

I'm too lazy to register

Whoops. Just noticed your comment that this works with your i-Mate Pocket PC Phone Edition and Smartphone devices - will it work with standard BT on an iPAQ 4150? :-(

Fidel

I'm too lazy to register

Thanks for your comments Arne. Please keep us informed of any news as always.

Best regards,

Fidel

Atul

I'm too lazy to register

Whats the size of the car; what kind of hand movements are supported ?

Saul

I'm too lazy to register

Does anyone know if I can do voice-dialing with the imate?

CB

I'm too lazy to register

Does anyone know a good source to buy i-mate ppc from?

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.