Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile News / NEW PPC ODM: IMRI will release its first Phone Edition on CeBIT Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

According to ZDNet News Germany, the Korean manufacture Imri will release a new Pocket PC Phone Edition called  "IPA-C1" on CeBIT which should includes a digital camera as well as a XScale CPU. According to Imri's website, that "Pocket PC" runs Windows CE.Net. Beside that Pocket PC Phone Edition (right now there are no deeper information about the GSM/GPRS version available), Imri has also a second Pocket PC with digital camera in its portfolio.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

smittyofdhs

I'm too lazy to register

ce.net 4.1 .... yeah right! how is it possible that it's running this?

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

That's a good question I was thinking about too... I will try to get more information directly from them...

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

siliconaddict

I'm too lazy to register

These stories just keep popping up, always with nice Photoshop creations. Probably vaporware once again. Would have been nice though. Oh well.

smittyofdhs

I'm too lazy to register

@siliconaddict: I really believe the device may come out on day but they need to really to show "real" specs not "wish list" specs....

Ahmad Moustafa Othman

I'm too lazy to register

Hi Arne Hess,
I need your advice, I'm planning to buy a Pocket pc with GSM/GPRS capabilities, the problem is I live in Egypt and nothing compatible here till now except the ipaq GSM/GPRS Jacket, I am waiyning for the new 5000 GSM/GPRS model but no nwes yet about its avialbility in the market. Do you have any clue? If not or It's realease is more than 2 months ahead I need your recommendation for an alternative but not to be sim locked if you know what I mean.
Thanks man

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@Ahmad Moustafa Othman: I'm sorry but I can not talk about the availability of a H5000 GSM/GPRS version since I don't know if/when/where it is released as well as I'm under NDA with HP and even if I would know anything, I couldn't talk about it today since there wasn't any real official statements from HP about a GSM/GPRS iPAQ.
I see your problem with getting a non-SIM locked Pocket PC Phone Edition and the only advice I have for you is to buy a xda in Asia because there it's not SIM locked or to buy a PC/CF GSM/GPRS card if you are looking more for data then for voice features.
Also I don't know so far where/when/if the devices above will be released since Imri didn't respond to my E-Mails. :-(

Cheers ~ Arne

Ahmad Moustafa Othman

I'm too lazy to register

Hi Arne Hess,
Thanks for your prompt response, Can you name or recommend an asian site/country where I can find the non-sim locked XDA or buy on line? Dubai for example? Thanks

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@Ahmad Moustafa Othman: At least you can get it here:

http://www.myxda.com/web/template/WhereToBuy.vm

However, as far as I saw no online shops included. Maybe any Chinese reader of PPCW.Net can provide you additional help.

Cheers ~ Arne

sandeep mansingka

I'm too lazy to register

This devices looks pretty interesting and promising. However, so far I haven't heard anything about Imri - not for Pocket PCs nor about any other Computer products. IMRI should givemore information about them! is this device bluetooth compatable

DANIEL D. MARCELO

I'm too lazy to register

Hi !!! Arne Hess Im Planning to buy apocket pc phone w/built in camera.And i saw the two new model's XDAII and IPA-C1 this two unit's are both open line's? And how much the unit cost? Pls. I need your advice Im hear in the Philippines thank and God Bless your Family!!!

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@DANIEL D. MARCELO: Thanks for your feedback and kind words.

However neither the xda II nor the IPA-C1 are released to for commercially and therefore no prices are announced. Also it depends on who will sell that Pocket PC Phone Editions in terms of if it will be SIM locked or not.

Stay tuned for updates here on PPCW.Net.

Cheers ~ Arne

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.