Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile News / PHONE EDITION: O2 Xda II officially launched in the Philippines Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

The
  O2 Xda II was officially launched last week during the Microsoft Office Systems
  Launch held here in Manila, Philippines. The O2 Xda II that will be sold in
  Asia will differ slightly from those made avaliable in Europe with regards to
  software exclusions such as O2 Active UI.
The O2 Xda II currently sells for PhP48,999.00 or US$890.00. Incidentally,
  previous to the official announcement of O2's entry in the Philippine market,
  the O2 Xda II was being sold at PhP54,000.00 or US$980.00.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Sectorlors

I'm too lazy to register

WOW !!  That's a rip off !!

In HK you could buy it at USD 841 w/out haggling...

I wonder if my fellow Pinoys could afford it ?

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Dominic

I'm too lazy to register

does anybody have an idea if SMART or GLOBE will be selling XDA2 or QTEK 2020... its much better to buy in your local area instead of abroad even its cheaper because of after sales service...

regards to all kabayans smile

Jayson

I'm too lazy to register

Did globe sell the old QTEK (XDA) before?  I was figuring they did.

Dominic

I'm too lazy to register

hello jayson and  sectorlors...

where you able to buy xda2 yet?  m planning to get one... thanks to sectorlors for the advise... or maybe yet because of after sales service still confirming if globe or smart will carry this device...

Qtek & xda are the same device... globe is currently carrying the qtek 1010... the xda 2 is called qtek 2020..

leemrvnt

I'm too lazy to register

I just got got an XDA2 for 50900 at shangri la, it's got better battery life than my SAP, I just wish they included a much better camera

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Argh!!! 50900!!!

:-)

Carlo

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Dominic

I'm too lazy to register

Hi lee mrvnt:

my cellnumber is 0917 7963631 or office number 7131363 ... would like to ask information regarding your new xda2 before i buy it in HK smile

thanks

leemrvnt

I'm too lazy to register

yes. I know 50900 is to high, but buying the i-mate and shipping to the philippines will cost more.

Robson

I'm too lazy to register

I'm from Manila but I was based in Hong Kong for quite some time; and now I'm living/working in Thailand. The xda2 was released here and I was lucky enough to win a raffle of buying an xda for 31000Baht...that's roughly 790-plus USD. I would imagine that once a few months have passed the price would go down in Manila, then again the xda2 is not as easily competitive as Nokia mobile phones. But a price of 50900...more than 900USD, is pretty steep.

Dominic

I'm too lazy to register

hi robson... 790 usd is a good price... the price here in manila now is around 48,000 or 872usd... price went down after a week ...   

what do you mean by xda2 is NOT as competitive as Nokia phones?   what nokia phones you may suggest other than xda 2..

Dominic

I'm too lazy to register

maybe if anybody is not really rushing to buy one.. but considering one.... i believe xda 2's price will go down to usd 790 too... maybe a month from now...

robson

I'm too lazy to register

hey dominic,

when i was still living in manila i was using the nokia 8850. in my opinion xdas are not as competitive as nokia phones; this means that the market structure for the pda-phone is not as diverse nor is it as fast as mobile phones in general. when the 8850 came out, everybody wanted one...yeah and i was a sucker for one as well smile not too may people would go for an xda; while as almost everybody (if not all) including the taxi driver right beside you owns a nokia phone. with this, i think the price would eventually go down because the market isn't as big as compared to nokia. it's the same here in thailand; the market for mobile phones is really, really big. for pda phones, the percentage is quite low.

and yes, 790usd was quite a catch. the funny thing was; in order to enter the promo i had to buy something from prada....so bought my wife a pair of shoes....from there i qualified for the raffle ticket.

cheers

robson

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@robson: Sorry but what are you talking about?

You compare oranges with apples! The Nokia 8850 is a cell phone (even not a feature nor smart phone) while the xda II is a kind of smart phone.

The approaches are completely different:

8850 = voice centric

xda II = data centric

Sorry but I don't see your point here!

Cheers ~ Arne

Boom

I'm too lazy to register

if i may but in,

i do not think robson is trying to start an 8850 vs. xda2 functionality or pda vs. phone thing here... what he is simply stating is about the market structure... that pdas are basically niche market, whereas cell phones are for masses, ergo, different price structures and mass appeals and the whole marketing jargons to it... why are PPC users seams to be so jumpy and so defensive...

Pages: 1 2 3 … 5
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.