Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Reviews / REVIEW: Spb Pocket Plus 2.0 - the ultimate PPC Utility Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

When
you hear the name Spb Pocket Plus, the first thing that comes to mind is usually
the task switcher/killer add-on for the Pocket PC. But even with the previous
versions, Pocket Plus was never just a task switcher/killer. It was a collection
of handy utilities that extended the Pocket PC's capabilities. It added a Today
plugin, repeating alarms, extended the Pocket Internet Explorer's capabilities
and provided a fix for the notification problems of Windows Mobile 2003 devices.
Spb Pocket Plus 2.0, promises to do that plus a lot more. We take a look at Pocket Plus 2.0 and see what's new with and if it stands up to what it claims to
be.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Jayson

I'm too lazy to register

Looks great but I'm not buying. he he he.  I don't like the fact that it clutters up the today screen.  I like the idea of shortcuts but I'd prefer using the 'start' button than using up precious screen space in today. Turning this feature off (which I guess is possible) will not justify the 2mb file size anymore.  This also becomes redundant with my other specialized apps as well.  For example, my pocket pc already has a built-in battery monitor. I use 'handy menu' (which is free) for system settings shortcuts. I already have 'resco explorer' (which i really need for it's zipping, encryption, and printing capabilities).  Though, having multiple windows for IE is a good feature, I found that it slows down my system so I try to avoid it. 

I'm not bashing the app. But based on the stuff I have and my requirements, I don't need this.

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Marco Palma

I'm too lazy to register

Just not many words to say that PocketPlus 2.0 is the real "killer application" for me and my loved iPAQ_2210...

Thanks a lot to Spb Software House.

Regards,

Marco

Thomas O.

I'm too lazy to register

I tried it, and was very impressed, it makes several other small apps obsolete, BUT in my eyes it is buggy.

After having installed it on my MDAII there was a strange popup window which proclaimed a systemerror, every time a alarm came up!

Looking forwad to a fix my oppinion is, that this tool is worth it an more or less is the one to have!

Thomas

P.S. Arne do you have the same props. with the I-mate ant pocketplus?

Thomas O.

I'm too lazy to register

see this (german)

http://www.ppc-welt.info/co...

pr0vider

I'm too lazy to register

I'm with Jayson on this.  I've got an older Pocket Plus edition that gives me most of the new one's features and allows me to string tiny icons across a single bar.  I dislike an application-spattered today screen.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@pr0vider: That's the nice thing about this version.  Whether you want it in single string or in tabbed mode, you are free to choose how to set it up.

Also if you prefer to use small icons, it is as simple as tapping and holding on to that particular icon and deselecting the large icon option.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

MKK

I'm too lazy to register

Hi,

I removed the spb icon on the screen by accident.  Anyone know how I can get it back?  Please help..
Thanks

bree

I'm too lazy to register

[7] hello, go to start>settings>system>spb pocket plus then click on the today plug-in options, then go to margins then check the show spb pocket plus tab. you should be able to see it on your today screen now. hope that helps.

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.