Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Thoughts / TIP: Run the MSN Screen Saver 'without' the MSN Search Toolbar Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

For some days now, I have the MSN Screen Saver installed on my PCs (Notebook, Media Center Edition and office PC) and I must admit it\'s exactly what I was looking for for a long time. It shows my very own photos randomly as well as it adds RSS news feeds on top, something absolutely handy if you want/have to stay up to date.
Anyway, I was \"slightly annoyed\" by MSN because I had to install the MSN Search Toolbar for Internet Explorer. As good as these Toolbars might be (doesn\'t matter from whom - Google, Yahoo! or MSN) I don\'t want to be forced to install it just because I want to run a different application, especially because the MSN Search Toolbar doesn\'t provides me any benefit because I\'m using Avant Browser instead of the Internet Explorer (even if Avant Browser is using the Internet Explorer OCX) which offers tabbed browsing and some other goodies for a long time already.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

krypticide

Loyal Board Member

Great tips! I'm just happy that I was already using MSN Toolbar for search.

Omer Khan

I'm too lazy to register

Nice work Arne! We've had a lot of feedback about forcing people to also install the MSN Toolbar. And we've listened to it. So this week we'll be releasing an updated version of the MSN Screen Saver which works with OR without the MSN Toolbar. It will be your choice if you want want to install the MSN Toolbar or not. Also, I read your comment about OPML support. Don't be surprised if that feature also gets added soon! wink

http://spaces.msn.com/members/msnscreensaver/

Omer Khan, MSN Portal, Group Manager

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Li-Kai Chang

I'm too lazy to register

Yesterday, we released a version of the MSN Screen Saver that does NOT require the MSN Toolbar. You can to go to http://screensaver.msn.com to upgrade.

Li-Kai Chang
Program Manager, MSN Screen Saver

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.
Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.