Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / General News / WIRELESS ROUTER: Vodafone teams with Linksys and Cisco to introduce high-speed connectivity for teams on the move Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Vodafone, Linksys and Cisco Systems today announced the launch of the 3G/UMTS Router, a new product that provides high speed mobile data connectivity for teams working on the move.
The 3G/UMTS Router enables teams of up to five people to use the wireless LAN capability already built in to most laptop computers to access high speed mobile data services provided by the Vodafone 3G network.
This highly portable, cost effective and simple to use product is ideal for businesses in sectors such as accountancy, construction or media who regularly have teams working together away from their main office and who need easy access through their laptop to high speed internet services or corporate applications.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Xinirnix

I'm too lazy to register

What does the author mean with this quote :

"In case you wonder - yes, this device is similar to O2's Surf@home wireless UMTS router. However, the O2 Surf@home router is fixed to one location (through the zoning on the SIM card) and therefore it can not be used to create spontaneous networks. An opportunity O2 missed when they locked down the Surf@home box."

And what about the OPTION Surf@Home2  http://www.o2online.de/o2/kunden/techni … t-art.html

Thanks for any reply,

X

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

I mean what I wrote: you can not carry the box but O2 locks the location through the SIM.
Regarding the *Possio* box wink what do you want to know?

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Brent

I'm too lazy to register

Whilst everyone admits that this device is really great, one common lament is that it is not entirely mobile, i.e. you still have to plug it into mains.

I have managed to overcome this,
I have enclosed the router (and 3G card) in an air tight, shock proof, and durable Storm Case. Added a few printed circuit boards, a battery, cooling system and now have a great solution that has been out in the field (so to speak) for about 2 months now. (we use them on film sets on location)

The battery life is about 8 to 10 hours and the system runs equally well on mains.

I will be most happy to answer any questions or enquiries about this should anyone care to find out more. My email address is brent@wkitchens.co.za or +27 21 913 6708

I have taken some crude pictures during the developement and put them at the following URL:

http://usmirror.location.co.za/brent/Pi … Enclosure/

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.
Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.