Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile News / OFFICIAL: Vodafone announces Palm Treo 750v Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Alfredo Padilla

Former Editor

Website

After recent news that Palm is working on a GSM version of its Treo Windows Mobile device with Microsoft and Vodafone, today we get confirmation that Vodafone UK will be carrying the new \"Palm Lennon\", to be known as the Palm Treo 750v. Sans the antenna, the device looks alot like the 700w. One expects the device to be UMTS capable and carry Microsofts AKU2.

[Read More]

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

What makes me a kind of nervous is the 240x240 screen only. 320x320 or even better 360 would be way nicer.

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Alfredo Padilla

Former Editor

Website

As far as I understand things Windows Mobile 5 does not support 320x320, which is why all of the square screen WM5 devices have the crappy 240X240.  I played around with the 700w for awhile and it was definately the worst screen Ive ever seen on a WM5 device.  What I would like to see is a 320X240 landscape orientation screen in a pocket pc device, kind of like the motorola Q.  Even if the screen is smaller, I think it would be much sharper and more usable.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Indeed, 320x320 isn't supported, unfortunately as 360 isn't supported but 480 square only (if anyone wonders which screen resolutions are supported, have a look in this posting at the Windows Mobile Team Blog) but to dream about it must be allowed. wink
So yes, it's most likely that the Treo 750v will has 240x240 only.

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.