Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Reviews / REVIEW: Using ASCII Express WebGuide4 with Windows Mobile Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Following my previous WebGuide4 review, in this review I will to focus on the mobile components of WebGuide4, which is best used with Windows Mobile Pocket PCs or Smartphones.WebGuide4 is a client/server solution which is installed on Windows XP Media Center or Vista PCs and allows you to remotely stream live and recorded TV programs as well as to remotely schedule and manage your recorded television programs and music. With WebGuide4 installed on your Media Center PC, you can access it virtually from any Windows Mobile Pocket PC or Smartphone as well as from any PC that has a web browser.

Like the desktop browser version, the mobile browser version of WebGuide4 works on the web server, which is installed on your Media Center first and right after the initial setup, the mobile version of WebGuide4 is ready to use from your Windows Mobile device.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

john321

I'm too lazy to register

>The other competitor - Orb Networks - doesn't offers streaming for its current Orb 2.0 MyCast solution
What do you mean by that? I can stream anything flawlessly with Orb 2.0 including live TV.

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Good point John. I wasn't clear here. Depending on the input technology, Orb 2.0 isn't working.
While I got working Orb 1.0 with DVB-T after many tests and adding a new TV card, MyCast is still not working with DVB-T, after it got the update to ORB 2.0.
Which TV source are you using?

But clearly it's an adantage of WebCast, you don' hae to configure it again, if you get it working with the MCE, it also works with WebGuide; but you are right, I should make it clearer in the review.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Okay, thanks to the feedback of Ian from Orb, I've given Orb's MyCast another shot today with the latest Orb server software, available from http://www.orb.com and finally I got streaming back again, as it worked before with Orb 1.0.
Therefore, I've updated the review above and changed the parts where I've said, MyCast isn't working for TV streaming at the moment. However, to get it working I had to remove one not supported TV tuner which I've replaced with a supported now.
The only drawback is, that there is no EPG available for Germany at the moment (and unfortunately, Orb isn't accessing the Windows Media Center EPG), therefore I have no idea what's on air at the moment.

Nevertheless, with the right hardware also Orb 2.0 is streaming again! My fault!

Cheers ~ Arne

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.