Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Thoughts / THOUGHT: Deutsche Bahn's MMS Railway Ticket System Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

I've mentionedDeutsche Bahn's (DB) MMS Ticket some time ago but last weekend, I finally had the chance to test it. As a matter of fact, I was at at my parents and the printer was out of order. This means, I wasn't able to order my ticket over the Internet to print it at home on the PC. However, without a ticket, you cannot make a seat reservation and it's always a good idea to have a seat reservation on GermanInterCityExpress (ICE) because the German high-speed train can be pretty overcrowded and since I wanted a seat with a table in the mobile phone area, I had to reserve a seat. But what to do if the printer is kaput? Use the mobile phone instead and I remembered myprevious article here.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Lutz

I'm too lazy to register

Tested something similar recently on my way to CES. Continental Airlines have the option to keep the electronic boarding pass ready for you at a certain web address. All you need to do is to show the page (or an image of it) to the scanner at security and at the gate. They don't need a credit card but the security check will ask for a photo ID.

Worked pretty well, although the barcode scanner at the gate took three attempts to read the code (maybe the ambient lighting wasn't optimal).

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.
Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.