Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Reviews / VIDEOVIEW: Unboxing the HTC Advantage X7510 Windows Mobile Smartphone Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Following HTC's earlier HTC Advantage X7510 announcementfrom last February, I've recently received HTC's latest reincarnation of theHTC Advantage which now features Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional, an increased 16 GB solid state disk storage and an improved keyboard with haptic feedback. The updated HTC Advantage includes HTC's customized HTC Today screen, as seen first with the HTC Touch, that provides one-touch access to E-Mails, SMS text messages, missed calls, calendar appointments and contacts, current weather conditions and forecasts as well it now features HTC'sTouchFLO software for enhanced finger touch scrolling and browsing of Web pages.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

George Fisher

I'm too lazy to register

HI,

I thought the 7510 would automatically orientate the screen when moved from portrait to landscape.  Could you test this feature and comment?

Thanks,

George Fisher

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Andy K

I'm too lazy to register

Does the keyboard now have  light  in the backround or not ?

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@George Fisher: Thanks and yes, after I've unboxed the device, I've also seen this feature is mentioned in the specs. However, in the pre-release Beta ROM my X7510 uses, this features seems to be not yet enabled. At least it's not working, doesn't matter what I'm doing.

@Andy K: No, sorry... No illuminated keyboard.

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

REem

I'm too lazy to register

Can you test if this device can connect with a thinkoutside bt keyboard ? As they aren't supported anymore, I was wondering if they still work in WM 6.1 ...

I hope HTC releases this device soon in Europe !

DVargas

I'm too lazy to register

Good to see that test units have been sent out.  This means that we are getting closer to production release.  I have been waiting for months.  Originally it was advertised to be USB 2.0, now people are saying that it is 1.1.  Is this correct?  I cannot imagine having a 16Gb drive and USB 1.1.

When you are getting ready for your review please try out the unit's internet connection while tethered to a laptop.  Thanks!

DV3

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@REem: Will test this combination ASAP. Basically Windows Mobile 6.1 support is most interesting, right?

@DVargas: No, it's USB 2.0 Slave and 1.1 Host. I've just tried to copy some files and a 30 MB file I've copied in less then 20 seconds. So not a big deal at all to fill up the 16 GB.

Cheers ~ Arne

ironic

I'm too lazy to register

Great unboxing. Looking forward to your review! One thing i have to say: Please try to speak a bit faster with less breaks while unboxing/reviewing.   

Greeting!

Christian

I'm too lazy to register

Thanks. How is the built quality?

Waiting for your full review too.

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.