Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Reviews / VIDEOVIEW: Hands-on with Sony Ericsson's latest Xperia X1 Built Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

P1i user

I'm too lazy to register

would be great if you can let us know about the contacts app.. does it have scrolling like the HTC touch pro/diamond?

I mean the basic contacts app..

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Adde

I'm too lazy to register

Hi Arne.
I wonder if you have test the optical joystick? works it OK in the practical?
Thanks for the review!

schaggo

I'm too lazy to register

I had the chance to be part of an exposition of the Sony corporation. They featured everything any of the Sony departments has in the making, going from the new James Bond trailer, to the worlds thinnest TV, dlna-networked consumer electronics *AND* an X1. Upon killing the guy with the X1 with questions he unveiled - among other stuff - that the X1 does have an accelerometer and that it's going to be used in the final version. He didnt know if "fancy" stuff like silencing an incoming call by putting the device displayside-down on a table will work.

I'm a bit puzzled now, a Sony official gave me different information than you did.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@Gilberto Padilha: Don't think it will boot faster. That's the typical boot-time for Windows Mobile devices.

@P1i user: Yes, exactly the same like on Touch Diamond/Pro/HD

@Adde: It works quite similar to the i900 Omnia optical joystick. However, I mostly used the d-pad and the optical joystic for scrolling only.

@schaggo: If the Sony Ericsson representative said it, it should be correct. However, I was told that the accelerometer will not be part of the Xperia X1.

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Norman

I'm too lazy to register

Great video,

I was wondering if the Xperia had another plastic lining over the touch screen as previous HTC phones had for pressure sensing or is it just a flat glass panel?

Also, do you know if the device is UMA compatible?

thank you,

ronak

I'm too lazy to register

Thanks for the video man. I observed that when you pressed the x panel button while the slideshow and music was going on, the music automatically stopped. Does that mean that we cant use other panels while playing music in the background through the media panel? Other than that, how was the sound quality of music playback via speakers and earphones? One more thing. You said that the orientation switch was not working.http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/seethephone/x1?cc=ae&lc=en
In this image, the switch is absent. Does it mean that the final production model will incorporate the accelerometer? The webcast was sort of misleading. Can you confirm that the final model will have 384mb RAM?

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@Norman: Yes, the plastic lining over the touchscreen stays because it's still a traditional touchscreen which can be used with a stylus as well. I don't think it's UMA compatible at all.

@ronak: Yes, you are right. You cannot run panels in parallel. Same for the radio panel which is too bad. Keep in mind, the panel system is the Home/Today screen and therefore, as soon as you leave this "Today screen" the application isn't active anymore.
Last but not least the orientation switch: Could be because it was Beta hardware and it might change with the release hardware. I don't know yet but I will fly to Lund today to meet the Sony Ericsson folks over there and I will definitely ask for it as well as for the RAM!
Stay tuned for an update.

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Markus

I'm too lazy to register

Posted by Arne Hess on 15.09.08 - 22:52:27
@sonie: Oh, I don't know if Sony Ericsson has enabled it since my SIM cards don't have this feature. But I
will try to find out for you.

Thank's, this would be great (nobody did this before)!
It's one of the most important things for me, because I'm using the second line (ALS) for about 8 years in business (and on all my business-cards).

Best regards,
Markus.

TCTHORNBERRY

I'm too lazy to register

Very nice review one of the best ones I have seen on this product. It looks like Sony is almost ready to show us and let the public have their way with it. Well, how did you get one? I have a friend in Munich, maybe I can ask her to send me one when they get realeased. I am hoping Sony has a webcast on the lunch of this product so I can watch it on the 1st of October. I noticed on Sony's site they say that this phone has a MicroSD compatiblity, but I have not seen were it is on the phone, could you tell me? Thanks again for the review.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@TCTHORNBERRY: Being press, or a blogger, whatever you want to call me, I got it from my sources. I don't think that there will be a webcast on October 1st. They will just release it, to carriers and the market and anytime early October it will be available.
The microSD card slot is on the side and available without removing any covers, etc.

Cheers ~ Arne

dane

I'm too lazy to register

First, thanks for such a good review. Its nice to see someone actually going through the phone instead of just snapshots of running applications.

I am very curious about the call dialogue (which I have been unable to find any videos of anywhere). What happens to the running panel when a call comes in?   What happens when you care on a call and receive another.  Do you think Sony has made improvements (hopefully as fluid as the i-phone call dialogue)?  Any chance of getting a video of the caller interface?

Thanks

NuT

I'm too lazy to register

Question is which is the better phone the Samsung Omnia or the X1??

Which one has more lag when changing applications?

Pages: 1 2 3
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.