Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Android News / CONFIRMED: Global Certification Forum approves the HTC Hero Android Smartphone Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Right in time for HTC's upcomingpress event next week, the Global Certification Forum (GCF) approved the HTC Hero, most likelyHTC's latest Google Android smartphone, as the "HERO100".
According to the GCF, the HTC Hero (commercial name yet unknown) will support quadband GSM/GPRS/EDGE as well as dualband UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA at 1800/2100 MHz.
As always, the GCF hasn't given any further information about the used operating system or any other technical specifications.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Because I was asked by E-Mail about the UMTS 1800 MHz: No, it's not yet widely used but it might become available in certain Europe countries, in addition to today's used UMTS 2100 MHz and planned UMTS 900 MHz (900 and 1800 MHz are Europe's GSM bands).

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

coolfx35

I'm too lazy to register

I'm not going to compare it to the iPhone because they are very different animals, all I have to say is that Android's community support is phenomenal, it's the reason I got the G1 and so far I'm stoked with the way things are going.

The phone/OS hasn't been out for a year and look where we are at already; almost every user/community request has been answered or is being worked on; either officially or by the community itself, the point is that it's a huge open source success.

happy to see a phone like the HTC Hero coming to the U.S. Market, already found forum for it at http://www.HTC-Hero.com let's get some discussions going guys.

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.
Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.