Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile News / UPDATE: Microsoft shows Windows Mobile 6.5.3 for Windows Touch-Phones Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Neither officially announced nor introduced, during last week's CES in Las Vegas, Microsoft silently showed-off Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional for Windows touchscreen smartphones. However, as it turned out and was earlier confirmed byan article on Microsoft's MSDN network, it's neither called "Windows Mobile 6.5 Second Edition" (as I called it) nor is it called anything special but it's just an AKU 3 which means it's simply Windows Mobile 6.5.3. As expected, Windows Mobile 6.5.3 updates the Windows Mobile touch-interface to make it more finger friendly. Additionally it will feature some application updates like threaded E-Mails and pivots but all together it stays Windows Mobile 6.5.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Egon

I'm too lazy to register

I can understand why Microsoft didn't want to present their "new" O.S. on a high profile event like CES. The companies that present there usually have something great to tell. Microsoft can only be embarrased that it is taking them so long to come up with WinMo 7. Neverhteless even Windows 6.5 would make my  lg chocolate a better functioning phone. So there are always OS that do worse. Nevertheless Mobile 7 Will be Microsoft's last chance to do it righ otherwise everybody will have jumped the Android bandwagon.

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.
Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.