Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / GSM, GPRS, EDGE & UMTS Accessories / Ipaq 2210 and audiovox gsm/gprs card Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Ifo

I'm too lazy to register

I have audiovox gsm/gprs card and it doesnt work at all. It work sometime. But when I try to start dialer application card blinks orange once and close it immediately. Once in 30 times it works. I have read article about Gprs tool and pocket pc 2003 but i didnt try at all gprs tool. Does anyone know is there any upgrade for PPC 2003.

Thanks

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

danderl

hi,

look at www.audiovox.com, they have the new drivers for download there!

but now i have another problem, i have already installed the update for wm2003, i have an 2210 and the rtm-8000 too!
but when i insert the card into the ipaq, it doesn`t recognize it as an gprs modem, i have to choose the hayes compatible on port com1...and the gprs tool (audiovox?) says: "no modem found", but when i use the tool "pocketphonetools" i can find the card and use it as an mobile phone :-O

does anybody know what i have to do and how i can use the card for an gprs connection? which tool is best for that use?

notice: the cards blinks orange when the tool  from my provider eplus (germany) is searching the modem on com1!!

sorry for my bad english ;-)

thanks
daniel

Last edited by danderl (06.01.2004 20:02:21)

pacman

I just wrote a lengthy email describing the process of fixing this, and got screwed by my isp.  Here is the 30 sec. version:

1. go to the audiovox website and download the winmobile03 installer (don't be confused by the fact that it's the same file as the gprs update)

2. unzip the file, and open the .doc file; modify the CIS on the rtm8000 as per the attached instructions; this will allow the 2210 to recognize the rtm card

3. I bought the runningvoice software from ppcw and it works ok.  I don't know if dialer would work after you go through step 2

4. set the flexiport connection to gprs

oldgit

Thanks for the info PACMAN

But what if you do not have access to a Laptop?

Any ideas.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

You mean a solution without installing all the stuff through a PC, pacman explained above?

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

oldgit

The document in the winmobile03 installer zip file talks about installing the RTM 8000 into a Notebook with a CF slot, not a PC.

I have tried to install the RTM 8000 on my PC using a USB Card Reader that I have, but the installer fails to find 'the GPRS device on my PC'.
There does not appear to be a manual search option, so you can point the installer program in the right direction.

If am am wrong, please put me right. In the mean time I will keep trying to find someone with a Notebook / Laptop that has a CF slot, who is willing to let install / uninstall the RTM 8000 on their machine!

gazz

I'm too lazy to register

hi i need the ppc 2003 gprs update where can i get it from thank you

gazz

I'm too lazy to register

gg.plastering@hotmail.co.uk

thats my email .#
i have the audiovox rtm8000 and a dell aximx5
it all used to work fine till i rest the pda ,and now i cant find the update anywhere for it now to work.
if you can help please do!!
thats my email address gg.plastering@hotmail.co.uk
and im always on msn with that email
thanks gaz

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.