Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Reviews / QUICKVIEW: A1 abroadband International Data Roaming Tariff Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Last February I reported about abroadband, an idea as simple and easy that it makes me wonder that no other carrier launched it earlier: Austria's A1 abroadband is a no-frill data offer for international roaming and offers EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA-based mobile Internet access around the world for one price - which is all over the world (at supported partner networks) the same: 0.59 Euro per MB! Right before I left for last week's Microsoft MVP Summit in Redmond, I've ordered a abroadband SIM from the company's online shop which I received 48 hours later. However abroadband also offers a Huawei USB modem including an abroadband SIM as well as a Micro SIM.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

dc

I'm too lazy to register

Did you hear from this

http://www.simyo.de/mobile-welt/mobiles … aming.html

a lot cheaper than your offer ;-)

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Not sure where you see that it's a lot cheaper than abroadband (which isn't my offer by the way). For the European Union it's cheaper, yes but as I mentioned in the article - within the European Union (plus Switzerland and Norway) I can use my regular SIM anyway (BTW - Simyo excludes Switzerland from its EU countries) since I'm protected by the European Union 50 Euro cap! However, I also mentioned that abroadband becomes handy outside the European Union!

Simyo vs. abroadband

EU Countries: 0,49 €/MB vs. 0,59 €/MB (+0,10 €/MB)
Other Europe & North America: 2,49 €/MB vs. 0,59 €/MB (-1,90 €/MB)
Rest of the World: 4,49 €/MB vs. 0,59 €/MB (-3,90 €/MB)

Being 1,90 € more expensive within Europe or North America or 3,90 € at the rest of the world doesn't makes Simyo "a lot cheaper" as you wrote. Or have I overseen anything?

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

dc

I'm too lazy to register

yeah you're right. Simyo makes only sense in europe. The other offer is a lot cheaper for the rest of the world.

SurfR

I'm too lazy to register

Found your review through Google. One question with the hope for a honest answer: Is this a real review or a sponsored post? I ask because I found a couple of sponsored posts on the web. Thank you!

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

For sure it's a real hands-on quickview and not a sponsored posting! Also saw this kind of sponsored postings around the same time I've published the hands-on here but I can honestly tell you that I've ordered the SIM by myself, paid for shipping and have to pay every single Byte I'll use! No hidden agenda!

Cheers ~ Arne

RobertSeviour

I'm too lazy to register

I bought one, but I can't use it because the registration process fails to complete. I emailed abroadband.com about this and have not had a reply in over a week. I phoned them in Austria 3 days ago, spoke to a pleasant help line man who told me to clear my internet cache. I did this but it didn't fix the problem. He said he had no further suggestions and would pass my problem on to someone else. That was 3 days ago and I have heard nothing more from them since. Disappointing to say the least.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Wow, really sorry to hear! My registraton worked just fine but I've seen a screenshot on Twitter (maybe from you?) where it showed an error. You might want to contact them via E-Mail and or Twitter again!?

Cheers ~ Arne

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.