Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile News / PHONE EDITION: First serious HP 6000 Phone Edition information available Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

I can not confirm if these information is a fake or not, but how I know Enrico (met him last year on my trip to Toronto) I'm sure it isn't a fake but you can trust into the information. Pocket PC Italia, his site, managed it to find some some specifications and maybe more important - photos - of the long time rumored Pocket PC Phone Edition from HP.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

McHale

I'm too lazy to register

Man, I hope they were smart enough to make this thing compatible with their expansion sleeves...

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

I don't think so because it looks like a different shape - more iPAQ H2200 like than the H3800/3900/5000 series. I think the expansion packs are not in the focus anylonger...

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

jmbneaf

I'm too lazy to register

So Arne, when will you be able to sell them?   let us know..

jayson

I'm too lazy to register

Hmmm. looks a lot bigger than the HTC Himalaya.  (A downside when considering mobility).  But the built in WiFi is a good feature.

jayson

I'm too lazy to register

@Johann

EDGE? Isn't that a Nokia technology?  Don't think that will ever go with a Pocket PC.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

No, EDGE isn't Nokia only but powered by them because they are pretty active in selling EDGE enhancements to carriers... ;-)

I don't believe in EDGE at all, like I didn't believed into HSCSD before, because it's 2.75G on the way from 2.5G to 3G. For instance in Germany none of the 4 nationwide carriers will introduce EDGE but GPRS -> 3G only.

Cheers ~ Arne

Johann

I'm too lazy to register

I wish it came with EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution)

Jacob Saaby Nielsen

I'm too lazy to register

Arne,

here in Denmark for example, there's a big fuss about 3G at the moment. Whether the masts do damage or not, to the people around them (cancer and stuff)

Also, the masts cost a lot to erect, and a lot of new masts have to be erected. In contrast, EDGE can be implemented on existing masts, at a very low price, and provide almost the same bandwidth.

So, commercially, EDGE may make a lot of sense. Also, in the wide public, as it will remove the sense of danger from the new masts.

It's been seen before, that the most technologically potent product, isn't the winning one in the end wink

Jake

I'm too lazy to register

if HP only could make this in internal antenna, but i think it has to do more with WiFi... it would have been nice to have all three of them (GSM/BT/WiFi) in one singel device, but with this specs and design i'm going to live with my xdaII "a little" longer... wink

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@Jake: Absolute, you hit the nail! When I saw the 6000 pics a while back the first time I had the same thought - "well, the xda II isn't that bad at all and seems to fit my needs better". Also - as much I like Wi-Fi, for me it's the less used wireless connectivity of the three standards and therefore I'm happy enough with a SD card in case I need it.

Cheers ~ Arne

Allan

I'm too lazy to register

With a new CPU, will the previous Pocket PC software be compatible?

Compared to XDA II, I see 3 benefits:

1) Wi-fi, which I believe will be extremely usefull in a few months, when I expect it will be free of charge to use in most places

2) Large removable battery

3) Flip cover (if is effective for protection of the screen)

What do you think? What is the main pro et contras of the XDA II and the iPaq 6000?

Best regards

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.