Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Reviews / PREVIEW: V2R Outlook2SMS Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Have you ever thought about sharing your Pocket Contacts, Calendar entries or Tasks with others as you used to do this with Outlook but now with your Pocket PC? Well, if the other is in front of you it's not a big deal as you can beam the PIM entry through IrDA or even Bluetooth. But what's if the recipient isn't available face to face? You don’t have to wait to long anymore to enable this feature on your Pocket PC Phone Edition.

V2R’s Outlook2SMS works pretty easy through the SMS bearer channel as it takes the most important parts of your Calendar entries, Contacts and Tasks to be send from one Phone Edition to another one (both Pocket PCs have to run Outlook2SMS for sure) with only one SMS message.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

ppcsurfr

I'm too lazy to register

I can do the same for contacts using DeveloperOne'e AccessPanel Platinum and Simple SMS.

I can send VCARDs via SMS to any phone using the above setup.

ppcsurfr

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Yes, there might be workarounds to send some stuff, however this application is just a tap and send; easy to use AND it puts the received entries automatically into the right application like Contacts, Calendar or Tasks. This isn't available today; even not with workarounds...

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

ppcsurfr

I'm too lazy to register

I agree.  I've always wanted something like this... I might actually look into it.  I hope it works with mobile phones that support VCARDs.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

No, currently the format is not compatible to vCard. So this is a stand-alone application only right now, but who know how a future development could looks like!? ;-)

Cheers ~ Arne

Maricio Freitas

I'm too lazy to register

Well, if it's not VCARd, what if I'm using another SMS app in the same PPC, to read actual text SMS?

Imagine this: phone beeps, "You have one new msg".

How do I decide which app to use to read it first? Do I have to open the SMS on the phone and then decide it's a true SMS or a data SMS?

The Palm SMS application is great on this. If you send a contact via SMS (direct from the Address book), it'll be a VCARD.

The Palm receiving it uses the SMS app to receive from the phone and identifies it as a VCARD or normal. If it's a VCARD (or VCAL) it asks if you want to add, otherwise just put the message in the database to be read. Straight, no fuss.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@Maricio: Good input but first of all Outlook2SMS is for Phone Edition only (today) and there is only one SMS application available - the original Microsoft Inbox. Also you don't have to decide which application to use because - as I described - the handler is working in the background by default and takes every proper formatted SMS and launches the interface automatically. So you don't have to do anything! :-)
From which Palm application are you talking? I'm not aware with Palm applications but would like to have a look on it (at least at the web ;-). Any URL available?

Cheers ~ Arne

Mauricio Freitas

I'm too lazy to register

Hi! Thanks for the comments, it's now clear to me the behaviour is similar to the Palm SMS.

I'm talking about Palm SMS, the app bundled with m130 and m515, in the original Palm disk. It's also in the Palm Bluetooth Card disk. It adds the library to handle SMS, and plugs some additional menu items to the Address Book, Date Book apps (Send via BT, Send via SMS). Both cases will send a VCARD. BT will send it using the corresponding BT profile and SMS will send it via SMS, and the link can either be BT, IR or cable.

http://www.palm.com/software/mobile_connectivity.html but not more info there :-(

Harry

I'm too lazy to register

Outlook2SMS is no available for download on V2R's web site at www.v2r.ag

Calin Brandabur

I'm too lazy to register

@Harry: Starting from today 19/09/2002 Outlook2SMS is available for download at www.v2r.ag/'s download area.

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.