Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Reviews / PHOTO PREVIEW: Smart's SMART Amazing Phone aka HTC Tanager Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Stephen

I'm too lazy to register

well this phone be avalible in the us?

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Jojo

I'm too lazy to register

@edX:

Yup. The phone is simlocked to Smart.

Jojo

I'm too lazy to register

I've been using the Smart Amazing Phone for about a week now, and in homage to Smart's marketing depatment, I must say that the phone is "Simply Amazing." Everyone I show it too just drools in envy, even users of the 7650 and the P800.

Granted it takes some getting used to... but face it, when you move from one phone brand to another, there is always transition period. There are several undocumented features (which by the way, the manual is useless to true techies) which clearly make up for some of its rather strange quirks.

The camera isn't all that great... then again, I never appreciated a camera on a phone anyway (even on other camera-enabled phones).

Adopting the phone really changes one's cellphone paradigm. You have to drop your early notions of a cellphone... you know the era when the only thing you could stick into your phone was a sim of 100 contacts of names and numbers. The phone is also not meant as a replacement of a true PDA (which is where the Pocket PC sits). Its a whole new way of communicating.  One of the features... though rather shallow at first... which I really like is MSN Messenger. Online, realtime communication via messenger is a different experience than just SMS Txt.

It's so cool! That really sums it up!

ppcsurfr

I'm too lazy to register

I find the interface to be quite intuitive...

It isn't as difficult as other pones... and this does much more than just a phone.

Esmeli

I'm too lazy to register

where does the product made isn't in Philippines or just introduced. How much if it will going to sell in terms of pesos
T.Y

crustacea

I'm too lazy to register

I have learned that the phone is in postpaid so meaning their is no unit availble in prepaid and this is only exclusive in smart.

Oliver B

I'm too lazy to register

When can I buy it and where? What if I want to buy it SIM unlocked? Can I buy over the internet?

xb

I'm too lazy to register

the SAP is unlockable therefore can be used worldwide on any network. if you know the configurations for wap, gprs, and mms on your network then you won't have any problem accessing all the features of the phone.

deepsweech

I'm too lazy to register

im one of the first proud owner of smart amazing phone! works perfectly!!!! dumped my T68i and 7650 for this one..

deepsweech

I'm too lazy to register

correction xb i already unlocked my smart amazing phone! though i doubt it smart would sell the unit online. they always want to sell it with a line package.

Wiz

I'm too lazy to register

Who unlocked it for you?

Adam

I'm too lazy to register

But I have one.. big_smile Active and all in the US!!!

Ron

I'm too lazy to register

I havent seen the new Tanager in person but I do have an orange SPV. I want to get a Tanager for my wife. Does anyone want to sell me one unlocked for the US :-)

Also, it seems to me that the new one is bigger, and the design just stretched the phone out with some better buttons, so for my taste the design could have been just as small or smaller. I am also worried that the custom clear case I made fit my current SPV will have a serioud problem with a joystick. my 2c

Ron

I'm too lazy to register

How much work would it be to use the new screen with the old Canary model? Do you think it would be an easy swap?

Oliver B

I'm too lazy to register

Does anyone have a Tanager for sale or know where I can buy it on the net? But I want it without a carrier.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 … 19
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.