Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile Tips & Tutorials / TIP: "8" is the Smartphone's sweet number Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Envien

I'm too lazy to register

Hi Peter,

Just in case that no one answers you yet, try  to edit the registry...

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftShellStartMRU and then edit the values of InitialOrder...

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

william

I'm too lazy to register

where will you download the pocket tv? where will i paste or insert it to my folders or applications? how will i get pocket tv menu that can play movie, not just a thriller but real movie? please help me what to do by emailing it to my email ad.... thanx....:-)

Henry

I'm too lazy to register

I have a Motorola MPX-200 and I can not do this tip, I go to the Active Sync on my desktop but it puts me into a folder named "My Smartphone" . There is not user key menu or folder, also on the handset there is no explore feature, am I looking in the wrong spot?

Sal

I'm too lazy to register

I have the same problem like Peter did. I arranged the program menu on my SPV but the icons and their links on the Home screen are lost. I followed what Envien recommended to Petr and edited the HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftShellStartMRU and rebooted. Shortcuts on home screen are still missing. Can someone list "Step by Step" procedure for fixing this? Many thanks

Foolswork

I'm too lazy to register

Just click the icon Henry, and it will open up to show you the contents.

foolswork

I'm too lazy to register

I encountered the same issue Peter reported, shortcuts in the MRU list no longer working.

I have a work around / fix.

The shortcut values in the MRU list are hard-coded. During boot, the initial values for the MRU list are read from the registry.

When you manually change the start menu items, moving shortcuts around, the registry entries are NOT automatically updated. As a result, when the phone power-cycles, the old links are displayed and if they were moved become broken.

This is totally brain dead; I will report this bug to Microsoft when I return from the Christmas holiday. I better solution would be to persist the MRU list during a controlled shutdown.

I will investigate writing a utility to alter this behavior.

Cheers-

foolswork

I'm too lazy to register

Woops, forgot to mention the fix.

The fix is as others have suggested, manually edit the reg key to change the links that will default for the MRU list.

Reg key: HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftShellStartMRU

Illias Yusoff

I'm too lazy to register

I have done something real stupid to my O2 Smartphone (2003).

I installed Agile Messenger; removed it and it is still in the Registry. I cant delete it from the Registry & wont be deleted even from "Settings>Remove Programs".

Please HELP!!!

Thanks

__.:illi:.__

Bims

I'm too lazy to register

How do you edit a registry entry on a SAP? Do I need to download something first? If I do, where do I get it?

Thanks!

Avace

I'm too lazy to register

i tried adding my own custom ringtones to my mpx200 as well and couldn't get it to work.  first i tried putting the .mid files in the windows directory, but they automatically deleted after  a day.  then i tried putting them in the IPSMApplication DataSounds directory, and the ringtones would stutter and freeze up my phone.  does anyone else have this same problem??  or should i be transfering my ringtones to a different folder?  please help!

--Avace

Andre

I'm too lazy to register

[13] I've had mixed results getting .wav files to work as ring tones.  I placed the .wav files in the IPSMApplication DataSounds folder, but only some work.  Other just play two short tones (tu-tut?).  It doesn't seem to be dependent on file size...... some of the working ones are bigger in size than the one's that don't work.  All my tests have been with .wav files.  I haven't tried .mid files yet.  Would be interested in hearing from someone who has figured out why some work and some don't.

Kam

I'm too lazy to register

Not sure if this thread is still active, but how do you move shortcut links which are system/read only? I cannot find a way to fchange the system/readonly flags using my PC. Can this be done through the handheld file manager?f

Thomas

I'm too lazy to register

@ KAM
I had the same problem. You have to unlock the security lock. After taht you are able to move the system links.
For the t-Mobile SDA I use, yu can daownload a little tool for that occasion.
http://www.mobilejoe.de/joe...

Thomas

I'm too lazy to register

[11]
I did not get it. How can I change the folder icons?

Dio Manrique

I'm too lazy to register

Is there any way possible to sync your SMS messages to your pc? I need to know! big_smile Thanks in advance big_smile

Pages: 1 2 3
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.