Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile Tips & Tutorials / HOW TO: Call, SMS, E-Mail and access a Contact efficiently with your Smartphone Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

Just like any other mobile phone, the ones that come with Microsoft's Smartphone 2002 OS, are designed to connect you to other people anytime and anywhere.  But that is only half the story.  How to do it with ease may somewhat require a comparatively steeper learning curve than the basic handset variety.

The Smartphones powered by Microsoft's Smartphone 2002software have a distinct advantage over the basic handsets and normally even the most advanced one found in the market today.  They have Pocket Outlook built into them.  This I feel is a very powerful feature of the Smartphone.  It let's you store numerous entries, and supports more than 40 fields. But with that much information, how do you handle calling a contact or sending a contact an SMS with ease?

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Cris

I'm too lazy to register

how do you send contact details, for example the mobile phone no. via SMS. with a nokia it's very easy, just go to option and select send via SMS. with this phone, i have to type the no. in a SMS message.

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

John Francis

I'm too lazy to register

What causes the abbreviation 'sms' to appear. There doesn't seem to be an 'sms' field in a Contact and all mine have 'm' when I put a mobile number in.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

John Francis: Try to toggle the joystick to the left or right... it should show other numbers too.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Michael Gomez

I'm too lazy to register

I just got my MPX-200. I synced with outlook on my desk top. The problem is all of my local number have the Area code attached so when I try to dial a contact the phone also dials the area code. The result is the calls cannot go thru. Might there be a easy solution other than erasing the area code from each number in each contact?

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

@Michael Gomez: That shoul dnot be a problem as long as you have it in the right way.

Try using the accepted standard of writing it... +63 (918) 1234567 == +CountryCode (Area code) phone number.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Cheers ~ Arne

texking

I'm too lazy to register

I face a similar problem as Cris. I have a O2 XDA II phone. I am so used to Nokia where one can simply SMS a V-card (or a contact) to another phone. Here the only option seems to be to 'beam' (or send via infrared) the information.

Can someone please help?

Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.