Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / GSM, GPRS, EDGE & UMTS Accessories / Convergentech GSM & GPRS CF Card with Running Voice Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

sratner

This is also posted in the GSM forum, but this might be the better place.

I have an IPAQ 2215 and recently purchased a Chi Mei Compact Flash GSM/GPRS card and Running Voice Software from Convergentech. The GSM/GPRS card is identical to the Audiovox RTM-8000.

I have a T-mobil sim.

The combination does not work together, with Running Voice hanging on my ipaq and the GSM/GPRS card not being able to connect.

The GSM/GPRS card works when installed on my Dell laptop and I'm able to get both voice and data.

I don't know if this is a compatibility issue with the GSM/GPRS card and the ipaq or Running VOice and the ipaq, or all three together.

Anyway - if anybody has this combination working I'd like to hear about it and any tips on getting it to work, or, if anyone has the same GSM/GPRS card and can recommend an altenative to Running Voice that would be great too!

I am really interested in having this work, so thanks in advance

DAD

I'm too lazy to register

I have this working on my Dell Axim 50 V  but it is flaky.  The reception keeps going in and out  more out htan in.  When I called  for support I was told that if I sent it back to them they would send it off to Tiawan and it would cost about 100.00 to see if the antennea is bad.  I am looking into purchasing anouther card from a different vendor that knows what is going on and can work with me on the phone rather than try and pawn me off to somewhere else.  I am not happy with the product.

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.
Pages: 1
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.