Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / Windows Mobile Hardware / PATCH: iPAQ H3xxx Bluetooth Service Manager SoftPaq Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

It is a soft-upgrade, means it isn't a XIP which would be resistant against hardresets!
However, I've reseted the iPAQ 5 times now and loaded/unloaded the driver and didn't get any error messages as seen before.
Should this driver works at least!? :-)

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

miraculix

I'm too lazy to register

Arne Hess,
doesnt fix the stack error for my german 3870, whats it all about?????
bying a bluetooth integrated device not capable to load/unload its bluetooth device drivers? man, still far to go for compaq and ppc 2002...

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

doesnt fix the stack error for my german 3870, whats it all about?????

Hmmm... I've tried it on an US iPAQ - there it worked! I will contact Compaq to get more information on this!

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

how to install on a 3870, installer says something bout removing any bt devices...
bt is integrated, no attached devices at all, bt turned off...still not able to install, any advices???

Did you made a softreset before your tried to upgrade?
I got the notice that the hidden DLLs will be overwritten with new one and was asked if I want to perform this. Worked smooth!

Cheers ~ Arne

<Remco>

I'm too lazy to register

Remove any hardware from the Ipaq, any leeves, SD card's ....
Then reset, install the softpaq.. It should work I have updated 2 Ipaq's (3870) and it works...
You could also try the remove option and then reinstall...

Cheers

axel

I'm too lazy to register

hi arne!
i wonder if i could post in german, but the value for other users would decrease, so appologize my bad english...
i got a german 3870 with bt sp1 (version 1.0.12(sp1))installed, downloaded the softpaq from the us site, as it isnt yet (230402) available on compaqs european site.
as in the first posting of this thread, no device is attached to the ipaq when connecting it to my desktop machine, only the sd slot is used (i also tried it by removing the sd card).
by trying to install the new softpaq, the install routine gives me the choice between upgrading the installed drivers and uninstalling the old drivers.as i want to upgrade the old drivers i choose the first option (maybe one has to uninstall the sp1 first??).
the routine starts trying to copy the bt driver files, when it comes to the point followed by a screen statement to unattach all attached bt devices, which is actually the end of the setup process.
thats it, dont know what i did wrong.
-- to remco
i did remove any hardware, i even tried it without the sd card (honestly, semms kinda strange having to remove even the sd card for a bt driver update).
what i will try is to uninstall sp 1, gonna post the result
greetz ax

axel

I'm too lazy to register

update:
uninstalling the bt deviec drivers didnt solve the problem for me.
the uninstallation process was the only process that went smooth...
after resetting the device i tried to apply the softpaq, which ended in the same message, to unattach all attached bt devices.
so actually there is no more bt manager on the device, i am just applying the backup i mad ebefore to my device.
hmm, weird thing, any advices?

axel

I'm too lazy to register

question to arne:
i frequently experince the problem, that after a long periode of not using the ipaq, after switching it on, the backlight doenst work. the only solution is a soft reset.
i read in some article, that compaq is aware of this problem and that it will be fixed in an update.
do you have further information, when compaq will adress this issue by an update?

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

question to arne:
do you have further information, when compaq will adress this issue by an update?

Yes, CPQ is aware of this but didn't gave a release date. It seems that it could be fixed with a SoftPack, stay tuned for more information!

Cheers ~ Arne

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

weird thing, any advices?

Hmmm... The only advise I can give you now is to backup your device, make a hardrest and start from the scratch!
One other thing, did you updated your iPAQ in the past with the Compaq Update 1?

http://www.compaq.com/support/files/han … 13464.html

Cheers ~ Arne

axel

I'm too lazy to register

yes, i did apply this update.
do you think there is any correlation between my probs with a non us ipaq and the fact, that compaq didnt publish the softpaq on its european site yet?

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

do you think there is any correlation between my probs with a non us ipaq and the fact, that compaq didnt publish the softpaq on its european site yet?

That's a good question! I just send an E-Mail to Compaq, hope to get a response soon!

Cheers ~ Arne

Yohan

I'm too lazy to register

I narrowed the problem down to this: You must have the bluetooth working and then turn it off in order for the update to install correctly.

If the bluetooth is switched off because of the stack error, some files are apparently still loaded. You have to do the soft reset, turn the bluetooth radio on and then turn it off again. Then do another soft reset in order to remove any loaded files and then install the update.

This has worked on three 3870 at my office.

/Yohan

axel

I'm too lazy to register

no way folks, didnt work for me neither this nor another way :-(
gonna stay with sp1...
thanks for your replies

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

I just got the feedback, it's for all devices. That's the reason why the installer asks for the setup language. However, it will be available from the German server too - soon.

Cheers ~ Arne

Pages: 1 2
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.