Subscribe to the::unwired's RSS Feedthe::unwired at Twitterthe::unwired at Facebookthe::unwired on Google Plus
Top Stories
the::unwired forum
You are not logged in.
You are here: the::unwired - forum / General News / RELEASE: Microsoft introduce Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for Windows Mobile Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

LOS ANGELES - Oct. 12, 2004 - Today at the Windows XP Experience More event, Microsoft Corp. announced the launch of its Windows Media Player 10 Mobile, first to be introduced with the Audiovox SMT5600. It lets users automatically sync media content easily with a Windows XP PC, transfer album art or playlists, and take advantage of new digital music scenarios powered by Windows Media Digital Rights Management 10.

These scenarios include the transfer of purchased music from services such as MSN Music, Musicmatch, MusicNow and Wal-Mart Music Downloads, along with the ability to transfer subscription content from services such as Napster.

[Read More]

Cheers ~ Arne

Founder & Editor in Chief the::unwired
Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

Kenneth

I'm too lazy to register

Sorry - but it looks like we won't see an update... Damn it!

"Stupidly, Windows Media Player 10 Mobile will only be made available to consumers who purchase new Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition-based portable devices, such as the stunning Dell Axim X50v on which I tested the product. Microsoft will not be making WMP 10 Mobile available to other users as a free or paid download." Source: Paul Thurrott (http://www.winsupersite.com...)

This posting was contributed by a unregistered visitor of the::unwired Forum!
the::unwired isn't responsible for any contributions.

JaToAc

I'm too lazy to register

[1] unless the update is provided by the vendor of your device... perhaps one of the reasons that we are still waiting for the official update to the orange c500 update (gapi-fix)

JaToAc

I'm too lazy to register

[2] but i doubt that we will see any update for the o2 xda2 and that's a real shame. no 2003se/no wmp10... seems that i have to get the x50v from dell...

JOhn Vallee

I'm too lazy to register

it's not stupidy, i have buy a DellAxim X30 and i have a upgrade soon....and i think HP will be upgrade. If you buy shit it's your probleme...

Andrew

I'm too lazy to register

HP better release an update. I just got my Ipaq hx4705 yesterday, and it only has media player 9.

Tallyn

I'm too lazy to register

I just purchased the Audiovox SMT5600 three days ago and have done very extensive research with Microsoft, AT&T, and Audiovox as well as read at least 50 articles online about this phone. All I can say is that this phone is all the hype they say about it. Every feature on this phone works flawlessly except for the speaker volume is too low to listen to MP3 around any other noise. Using stereo headphones sound really good though. Microsoft says they will not have any upgrades to older phones that dont already have mediaplayer 10 moblie. If you purchase a phone and it doesn't have the newer version 10 you are out of luck. There are only 2 phones available anywhere that has the WMP 10 on it.

Jeff

I'm too lazy to register

[5] I just had on online chat with HP who claims that they will be offering the update to any of their machines.  It will only be available on new machines with the 2nd edition OS.  Seems pretty lame!  Seems like they could at least offer the upgrade for a small fee for those of us running mobile 2003 1st edition.

Jeff

I'm too lazy to register

[7]Sorry - They will NOT be offering the update.  My bad...

Unanimous

I'm too lazy to register

[1] Microsoft has announced they will provide an update to Windows Mobile 2003 SE Users on specifically the Axim x30 and HP rx 3000 model PPC's. This probably means that anyone with 2003 SE can get the player. 

Here is the link to their announcement: http://www.microsoft.com/wi...

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

[10] Only limited because it doesn't support GSM 900 but it's a Tri-band GSM phone with 850/1800/1900 MHz support while GSM 850 and 1900 is used in North America only.

Cheers ~ Arne

Follow Arne Hess or the::unwired on Twitter - Become a Fan of the::unwired on Facebook

JOSH

I'm too lazy to register

CAN YOU USE  Audiovox SMT5600 IN AUSTRALIA???????

dimitris

I'm too lazy to register

[1] can someone give me a link to download tha wmp10 for my sp3?

Arne Hess

Editor in Chief

Website

[12] This update is available as a ROM update from your handset manufacture only. There is no/wont be a single update file available.

Cheers ~ Arne

Jason

I'm too lazy to register

Any news on updates from HTC, Orange or Qtek?

I just cannot believe that there is a better version of WMP available for PPC and Smartphone but most users can't use it because of lazy manufacturers.

PlaysForSure is a joke when it comes to Smartphones until more devices have WMP10 mobile on them.

Pages: 1 2
Topic closed! This topic automatically closed 30 days after first posting.
© Copyright 1998 - 2013 by the::unwired® & Arne Hess
All rights reserved!
the::unwired is a registered trademark of Arne Hess.
All trademarks are owned by their respective companies.
All site video, graphic and text content is copyrighted to the respective party and may not be reproduced without express written consent.