If you love to use your Pocket PC Phone Edition but want to improve the functionalities, here are some cool applications I can recommend to give it a try:
- PhoneSnooze 1.4
- Phone Today
I'm using all of them except PhoneSnooze which is pretty new but seems to be more than useful:
PhoneSnooze allows you to schedule your phone to automatically switch itself Off and On at specific times each day of the week. By turning your radio transmitter Off, PhoneSnooze saves your battery power and prevents unwanted phone calls at night for example. You can set a different schedule for each day of the week.
Download PhoneSnooze here.
Phone Today is a Today Screen plugin which displays the status of your connected GSM phone, or xda/MDA device.
Phone Today works with any GSM phone which is connected to your Pocket PC through a serial connection, and which supports GSM 07.05 and 07.07 AT+C commands, or with the new xda/MDA devices.
Phone Today is available as version 0.98.9 which is more or less the final release candidate now:
- Display missed call count (xda/MDA & popular mobiles)
- Fix use of & in operator name (xda/MDA)
- Fix display of GPRS when there is no signal (xda/MDA)
- Fix lack of battery display when O/S reports battery status unknown
- More tolerance of sporadic Bluetooth connections
This will be (barring serious bugs) the last beta version of Phone Today, with version 1.0 released early in January. At this point, we believe that we have fixed or worked around most if not all issues that we possibly can, with remaining issues being due to manufacturer software, firmware or hardware problems (and in fact, working around manufacturer issues has resulting in code which is complicated enough that I'm surprised it hasn't achieved self-awareness :-))
Download Phone Today here.
Last week Syncdata released OutboxBuddy which I was able to test the past week as a Beta and I love this piece of software as it adds that functionalities I miss on Inbox today:
- Automatic insertion of a signature for outgoing mail. You can define a different signature for each mail account, including the ActiveSync Outbox.
- Automatic addition of a default recipient; which I'm using to send a bcc of every Pocket PC E-Mail to my PC.
OutboxBuddy is available for free! :-)
Download OutboxBuddy here.
All this applications works perfect with your Pocket PC Phone Edition and really improve the Phone Edition functionalities. A big, big thank you from here to all the developers out there which have real cool ideas to make a good product even better! :-)
Cheers ~ Arne