Today, V2R - Vision to Reality, released as first the long awaiting picture application, which notifies incoming calls with a photo of the caller instead of the boring standard handset icon.
Caller2Picture is the first application for the Smartphone, which was finally released and can be seen as the original for Windows Powered devices. Already in fall last year, V2R released C2P for Pocket PC Phone Edition devices.
After you start Caller2Picture, you will get the main interface where you can configure your contacts and which includes:
- Contact Name: The contact which should be configured.
- Phone Number: The phone number or numbers which should be assigned with the picture and ringtone.
- Ringtone: Defines with which ringtone the incoming call will be notified.
- Picture: Defines which picture should appear for the configured contact name.
In addition Caller2Picture also includes a Menu with several options like:
- Picture Folder: This defines where your pictures are stored to be used by Caller2Picture. This can include the following locations: "IPSMProgram FilesV2R Caller2PicturePictures", "IPSMMy Documents" or "Storage Card".
Place your pictures in one or more of the above folders to be recognized and used by Caller2Picture. Please note that your SD card has to be plugged into the device, if you decide to store your pictures on the Storage Card.
- Ringtone Folder: This defines where your ringtones (MIDI or WAV files) are stored to be used by Caller2Picture. This can include the following locations: "Windows", "IPSMMy DocumentsMy Sounds" or "Storage Card". Please note that you can place new ringtones in "My Sounds" and "Storage Card" only and that your SD card has to be plugged into the device, if you decide to store your ringtones on the Storage Card.
- Show All: Shows you all current configured contacts which you can re-edit from here.
- Preview: Lets you preview and prelisten your current currently configured contact.
- Quit C2P: This quits the Caller2Picture editor but will not stop Caller2Picture from showing you incoming call with the assigned picture and ringtone.
You should keep the picture size/file size of your photos as small as possible; otherwise it could take a longer time that the appropriate picture appears
You can use GIF, JPG and BMP images.
Caller2Picture is available as 15 days trial version which is limited to assign 3 contacts. The full version costs $14.95 and is available from Smartphone.net.
Please note that version 1.0 doesn't include a Orange certification which means it works with uncertified devices only!
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] [Download Here]