has just released several updates for their Pocket PCs with built-in Bluetooth.
The first update is for th HP iPAQ h2210/2215 devices while the seond update
is for the iPAQ h5450 running the Windows Mobile 2003 Sftware for Pocket PC.
The third update which which was released previous to these targets the iPAQ
h5550 and fixes several issues in the Bluetooth, WLAN, and Fingerprint Scanner
Both files, for h2210/2215,
are 2.1MB downloads and do not require a hard reset when updating the iPAQs.
- Fixes Bluetooth (BT) Manager lockup that occurred if the device was turned
OFF while the status screen or Active Connections screen was open.
- Fixes BT Manager lockup when trying to add or remove connections in the
- Fixes issue where BT would not start when the device was turned ON and
attempted to connect to ActiveSync.
- Fixes BT File Explorer lockup after access was denied from an FTP connection
through Ericsson T610 phone.
- Fixes system lockup when disconnecting a PAN connection via the incoming
- Fixes the issue where contacts lost the name fields when multiple duplicate
contacts were received on a separate OPP connection.
- Fixes the 'Yes to All' functionality in the overwrite screen that appears
when receiving a contact from a remote device.
- Updates Bluetooth Help files.
h5550 update on the other hand is an XIP update that updates the firmware
for Bluetooth, WLAN, and Fingerprint Scanner permanently. Issues tackled by
the update inlcude:
- Fingerprint Software Version 3.7:
- Fixes issue where it allowed to select alphanumeric characters using
the softkey with the simple 4 digit PIN option for Password.
- Fixes the 12 and 24 hours option where it could not be selected in
the Prompt if device unused for field under Password.
- Bluetooth Driver Version 126.96.36.199:
- Fixes a problem where system would hang when disconnecting a PAN connection
via the Incoming Connection icon.
- Fixes a problem where the device needed a Normal Reset after being
turned off while transferring data via SPP, for example, while connected
to a Bluetooth GPS device.
- Fixes the proxy settings getting erased in the Bluetooth Settings.
- Fixes a problem when using 'Dial via Bluetooth' which would not accept
spaces in the phone number.
- Fixes an issue where the iPAQ unit did not wake up to perform a scheduled
- Wireless LAN Driver Version 188.8.131.52:
- Improves Connectivity and Roaming ability for wireless LAN users.
Download the h5550 Frimware Update here.
Download the h2210/2215 Bluetooth Update here.
Download the h5450 update here.
Related Links : [More