Beginning this year, Access - who also developed i-mode and chtml for NTT DoCoMo - annouced a Pocket PC compatible web browser. While I was able to test a demo/dummy version in spring this year, now an evaluation copy is available for public download.
The features, Access added to NetFront are more than impressive and I wish that PIE would support everything, NetFront v3.0 supports today:
NetFront provides support for the following standards:
- HTML 4.01
- XHTML Mobile Profile
- cHTML (iHTML)
- WML 1.3
- CSS1, CSS2 (including CSS Mobile Profile)
- HTTP 1.1 and Wireless TCP/IP (WAP 2.0 Stack)
- GIF, animated GIF, JPEG, WBMP, PNG
- Dynamic HTML
- DOM (Document Object Model)
- ECMA Script (Java Script 1.5)
- SSL v3.0/TLS 1.0 (with 128-bit encryption)
- WAP 1.x legacy stack (option)
- MMS Client (option)
- Java: J2ME CLDC/MIDP (option)
A site line PPCW.Net would looks on NetFront v3.0 like this, using the proper style by supporting CSS:
What you can not see in this screenshot above are the animated GIFs, NetFront support! Very, veryÂ impressive... I have to admit that wireless surfing makes even more fun using NetFront v3.0 than using the original PIE! And it's a real alternative to the ThunderHawk browser (see my review here).
Thanks to "Sam" for the reminder.
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] [Download Here]