has announced the availability of a major update (Version 2.0) of WebCamera
Plus, a handy application which turns your Windows Mobile Pocket PC or
Smartphone into a webcam for your Notebook which now also allows to use the
mobile device microphone.
WebCamera Plus 2.0 transforms your PDA or Smartphone into a high-resolution
webcam and microphone which can be used as a web-camera and microphone in many
applications like Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger and many
others. Simply connect your device through USB ActiveSync, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth,
GPRS, 3G or LAN and your Notebook got a working webcam you have in your pocket
Version 2.0 brings many new features and fixes known issues of previous
- Audio capture from built-in microphone! Even if your PDA don't have camera,
you can use it as microphone in many programs: Skype, Virtula Dub and others.
- Use WebCamera Plus Audio as Wireless microphone.
- Many new Gigabyte, Samsung, Eten, HTC and other devices supported
- Multi-language core (both PC-side and device-side).
- Autostart from any desktop capture application (only for ActiveSync
- XScale overlay is supported for capturing screen from built-in camera
WebCamera Plus 2.0 requires Windows XP or Windows Vista on the PC/Notebook
and supports many Windows Mobile 2003, Windows Mobile 5.0 and Windows Mobile 6
Pocket PCs and Smartphones. The full version costs US$ 19.90 (which is cheap
compared to a 2 or 3 megapixel camera) and a fully functional trial version is
available as well.
Cheers ~ Arne