New web service from AT&T Wireless and Microsoft offers easy, Over-the-Air setup of E-Mail, Web Favorites, Home Screens, Ring Tones and applications for new Motorola MPx200.
AT&T Wireless and Microsoft Corp. today launched the Windows Mobile Start Service for customers of the Motorola MPx200 phone. The new Windows Mobile Start Service is a Microsoft Web service that powers an AT&T Wireless Web site where customers can easily and quickly configure their Motorola MPx200 to access personal and work e-mail, mobile-optimized Web sites, free ring tones, home screens, and applications such as games. Customer selections are automatically sent to the phone over the air.
"The Windows Mobile Start Service offers a fast and easy way for AT&T Wireless customers to start enjoying terrific new services and capabilities on the Windows Mobile software platform" said Vince Mendillo, director of the Mobile Devices Division at Microsoft. "By combining an innovative and convenient over-the-air setup with a familiar Web-based interface, customers can be more self-sufficient and minimize the need for placing support calls."
"This service is the latest collaboration between Microsoft and AT&T Wireless aimed at enhancing the wireless experience of today's mobile professionals," said Abhi Ingle, vice president of business data solutions for AT&T Wireless. "We've made it simple for customers to get the most out of their Motorola MPx200 with this unique personalization feature."
The Windows Mobile Start Service brings additional value to AT&T Wireless customers by providing one convenient location where they can configure and personalize the following:
- E-mail. Customers can easily configure their Outlook e-mail or POP3/IMAP account from their Internet service provider.
- Internet favorites. Customers can enrich their mobile Web browsing experience by selecting favorites from a list of Web sites optimized for viewing on small screens, or by adding their own.
- Ring tone and home screens. Customers can personalize the look and feel of their Motorola MPx200 with a selection of free polyphonic ring tones and home screens.
- Applications. Customers can extend the functionality of their phone and have fun by downloading free software, including games.
The Windows Mobile Start Service helps AT&T Wireless deliver enhanced customer service and gives customers a fast, streamlined way to personalize their mobile experience on the Motorola MPx200.
To take advantage of the new Windows Mobile Start Service, customers can visit www.attwireless.com/smartphone and click on "Customize It." To demo the site, when prompted enter "111-555-1212" as your phone number.
Configure E-Mail and Internet Explorer Favorites
The Motorola MPx200 phone with Windows Mobile software is a powerful tool for accessing E-Mail and the Internet. Using the Windows Mobile Start Service wizard customers can configure their work or personal E-Mail in a few easy steps.
- E-Mail: Customers can easily configure their Motorola MPx200 to receive their personal POP3/IMAP E-Mail account issued by an Internet service provider or work E-Mail that is managed through a Microsoft Exchange Server. Using Microsoft Pocket Outlook, customers can manage e-mail, calendars, tasks, contacts and more.
- Internet Explorer: There's no need to search for websites that are optimized for small screens or to type in long URLs on a mobile phone with Windows Mobile Start Service. Customers can quickly enter their own personal favorites, or select from a variety of categories of Internet Explorer favorites to be installed on their mobile device, including: mMode, Business, Travel, Entertainment, News and Technology. Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer browser software (provides capability to browse Web pages and synchronized Mobile Favorites), supporting full integrated HTML and Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) color Web browsing.
Customers can leverage the Window Mobile platform along with Windows Mobile Start Service to keep their Motorola MPx200 fresh and stylish by selecting from great home screens and ring tone sounds that are optimized for the Windows Mobile platform's media capabilities.
- Home Screens: Customers select from a variety of options to personalize their phone's color scheme and home screen.
- Ring Tones: Utilize Windows Mobile's Windows Media Player for listening to .wav ring tones. Using Windows Mobile Start Service, sample and download a selection of free, customized, polyphonic ring tones.
Windows Mobile software provides users with a unique and thoroughly entertaining mobile phone experience.
- With Windows Mobile Start Service, users can take entertainment on the road by downloading mobile applications, including games.
How do you get it all to your Motorola MPx200?
Windows Mobile Start Service automatically sends new settings and enhancements to customers' Motorola MPx200 over-the-air. After selecting E-Mail configuration and personalization options from the site, customers then receive and open their selections on their Motorola MPx200. Please note that in order to activate selected changes a configuration file will be sent to customers' Motorola MPx200 and AT&T Wireless data usage charges may apply.
- Select: First, throughout this site, customers select specific configuration and personalization options for the Motorola MPx200.
- Send: Next, customers indicate that they want to send their selections to the device. They enter their AT&T Wireless phone number and AT&T Wireless will send a text message (SMS) to the device that will allow the customer to receive a package with the configuration and personalization options they've selected. For security purposes, AT&T Wireless will also provide customers with a confirmation number to authorize the installation of settings on their device.
- Receive: After a few moments customers will receive a text message (SMS) on their Motorola MPx200 with a link to your new configurations.
- Open: Customers then open and install the configuration package and they're done!
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] Source : [Microsoft]