I received some more detailed information about T-Mobile's next coming Pocket PC Phone Edition (called MDA III) which is indeed a HTC device called "Blue Angel" (as you know, OEMs always give their devices internal project names. The first xda/MDA was called "Wallaby", the Xda II/MDA II was called "Himalaya" and the expected and confirmed MDA III is called "Blue Angel" now).
However, the information I've received are slightly different than the stuff announced before:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for Pocket PC Phone Edition
- CPU: - Intel XScale, 400 MHz
- Memory: 64 MB Flash ROM, 128 MB SDRAM
- Screen: 3.5", 240 x 320 pixels Transflective TFT-LCD
- Connectivity: GSM/GPRS, Bluetooth, 802.11b, IrDA and USB
- Camera: Color CMOS VGA camera
- Integrated QWERTY keyboard
- Size: 125 x 71.6 x 18.7 mm = 4.92 x 2.82 x 0.73 in
- Expansion: MMC/SDIO
So it seems that the CPU and size are confirmed as well as the wireless features and camera quality. However, the specifications above say 128 MB SDRAM instead of the previously announced 65 MB SDRAM only. Wonder if the previous specifications were wrong or if T-Mobile decided to release a smaller version only.
Well, I hope the next days will give us some clarification here.
Cheers ~ Arne