If you own the PPCW.Net i-Mate Phone Edition, the O2 xda II or the MDA II you might have noticed that you don't have the full ROM visible/available. Well, that's because HTC protects some parts of the ROM to store the bonus software there you get installed automatically after a hardreset.
However, not the complete ROM space is used there and you might want to use it to store other installation files there also.
Also this gives you the opportunity to cancel the initial installation progress of all bonus software after a hardreset and allows you to decide which applications you want to get installed later just by selecting the cab files by yourself.
In fact it's just a registry key you have to change but here is a more convenient way to do it by installing this small tool called "PPCW.Net Extended_ROM_viewer" on your Himalaya which changes the Registry settings for you.
- Download the zip file from below
- Extract the cab file to your PC
- Copy it to your Phone Edition device
- Run it from File Explorer on your Phone Edition device
- Make a softreset
- Open your File Explorer again and you will find in the root a directory called "Extended_ROM"
Disable the hack by hand:
- "Go to "Hkey_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMSStorageManagerProfilesTRUEFFS_DOC"
- "MountFlags" to be set to "1"
Enabling the hack by hand:
- Go to "Hkey_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMSStorageManagerProfilesTRUEFFS_DOC"
- "MountFlags" to be set to "0"
WARNING: Don't delete or change any existing files you see there because these files are used after a hardreset. Any changes you make there might screw your HTC Himalaya, therefore use this part of your storage carefully! Neither PPCW.Net not anybody else is responsible for any damages!
Only run this cab file on English HTC Himalaya devices such as the PPCW.Net i-Mate Phone Edition, O2 xda II or T-Mobile MDA II.
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links: [Download Here]