GoConnect Australia Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Australian listed public company GoConnect Ltd, has entered into an agreement with XONE Pty Ltd, an Australian WiFi Hotspot operator, to jointly promote and deliver GoConnect's consumer video subscription service, m-Vision.
Xone's WiFi hotspots will provide convenient access for m-Vision subscribers to download and update their m-Vision video content. Powered by GCN's patented GoTrek technology, the m-Vision videos will be of TV quality on the receiving device regardless of the Internet access speed of the subscriber. The GoTrek technology is compatible with Microsoft's Windows Media technology.
While initial efforts had focused largely on the mobile phone industry to deliver m-Vision over the GPRS mobile phone network, GCN has since early 2003, added its significant WiFi focus to the development of m-Vision. The agreement with Xone represents the first step in GCN's business plan in working with the WiFi industry, and in capitalizing on the tremendous expansion in WiFi network capacity around the world.
There is a variety of content channels available which will depend on content preferences.
As part of the "Basic Content Package", a subscriber can choose from a variety of different content channels including:
- Music including new releases, top ten charts and dance.
- 12 Video Horoscopes, updated weekly
- Movie Releases including cinema and home releases
- TheBestMix featuring videos from TheBestMix Music Competition
- Home Shopping (Australia Only)
- Australian Business and Finance including Stock Picks and a Daily Market Outlook
- International Business featuring market commentary
- Australian Sports Scoreboard
- International Sports including scoreboards and match highlights
- Weather Reports both for Australia, Asia Regional and Worldwide
- m-Vision tips of the week featuring tips on using your Pocket PC
Subscribers to m-Vision's Basic Content Package will also be offered, from time to time, access to m-Vision's Premium Content Channels. These may be concert highlights, adult entertainment, special music channels, celebrity channels or special sporting events. Premium Content is only available to subscribers of the Basic Content Package.
m-Vision's Basic Content Package can be taken over a 3, 6 or 12 month period. The cost for the packages are as follows.
- 3 month Basic Subscription Package: $AUD36
- 6 month Basic Subscription Package: $AUD66
- 12 month Basic Subscription Package: $AUD120
Receiving devices for m-Vision can either be the Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition such as the O2xda Phone or the Qtek 1010, or any Pocket PC 2002 with WiFi connectivity.
Related Links : [More Information] Source : [m-Vision News]