Meet the roaming server! CedeFTP Server is a high-powered, easy-to-use FTP server for Microsoft PocketPC devices. Now your friends, colleagues and customers can connect to your handheld and transfer files to you, anytime and anywhere.
In addition, CedeFTP Server is the perfect solution for mobile and embedded device manufacturers who need a 'receive' software solution. Stop worrying about how to install and update your applications in the field. Upload and download your data effortlessly.
- Delivers a scalable and reliable solution.
- RFC959 (FTP) compliant. Windows, Unix, Macintosh, and handheld compatible.
- Up to 64 simultaneous connections.
- Up to 16384 user profiles; plus 'anonymous' login.
- Restartable file transfer operations. If a session is terminated prematurely, the user can relogin and resume the upload or download.
- Adjustable timeout and security parameters.
- Firewall friendly. Passive and active connections are supported.
- Real-time status window: see system statistics, plus detailed connection information (user name, login time, transfer activity, and last command).
- User profile and permissions (write, overwrite, delete, and rename) editor.
- Virtual filesystem. Set 'global' path for FTP operations.
- Welcome message support.
- Display session statistics and server information via 'STAT' command.
- 'Soft' (refuse further connections) and 'hard' (terminate all connections) server shutdown.
CedeFTP Server contains proprietary networking technology, developed by Noisette Software Corporation, that allows a mobile device to perform like a large Unix machine! CPU time and network bandwidth is equally divided between each connection so that the FTP server responds to users in a logical and consistent manner.
Sounds interesting and if you are looking for a cool application to increase the GPRS ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) of you mobile operator, you should get it now... ;-) No, just kidding - the examples Noisette Software gave sounds interesting. However - unfortunately the wireless networks are still to expansive and GPRS is limited today (by the available hardware) to one - two upstream channels only.
Anyway - CedeFTP Server is available free at PocketGear.com
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [Original Source] [More Information] [Download Here]