ALK Technologies yesterday announced the Worldwide availability of CoPilot Live 6, the latest generation of their award-winning CoPilot navigation software for mobile phones and PDAs.
Unlike dedicated satellite navigation products or built-in systems, CoPilot flexibly provides satellite navigation on a wide range of phones or PDAs, including support for Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 and the latest devices like the T-Mobile MDA Pro.
A phone or PDA equipped with CoPilot Live 6 provides drivers with powerful, yet portable satellite navigation, complete with turn-by-turn voice guidance, comprehensive address entry choice, full UK Post Code search, and detailed street maps. Industry-leading route calculation speeds enable even complex trips to be worked out in seconds.
CoPilot Live 6 makes satellite navigation easy and accessible. Detailed street maps are stored on a pre-loaded 'quickstart' storage card. Simply insert into the phone or PDA and CoPilot will automatically install. Updated, clearly labeled menus are incredibly easy to use, and Pocket PC customers will love the finger touch interface. Just enter-in the destination and start driving. CoPilot Live calculates directions for the complete trip in seconds and provides guidance to the door. If a turn is missed the best new route is workedÃ¢â‚¬â€œout immediately.
Packed with advanced features, CoPilot Live 6 is now customizable to avoid or favor certain road types, set average road speeds, or to create driving profiles for use at different times of day such as rush hour, or when driving different vehicles.
CoPilot Live 6 contains the latest street maps from NAVTEQ, with updated coverage of Western Europe, thousands of new and updated Points of Interest and new coverage of Eastern Europe. Maps of USA and Australia are also available. Complete maps of Europe can now be purchased on a single 1GB storage card, so you can have the whole of Europe on your phone or PDA. CoPilot Live's unique borderless door-to-door trip calculation and turn instructions in your own language make driving across the continent as simple as driving around your home town.
Customers will be able to receive live traffic notifications about route-specific incidents, enabling customers to avoid or ignore congestion ahead either automatically or manually. Live traffic alerts will initially be offered in the UK through T-Mobile using its GPRS network, and in Continental Europe over GPRS and TMC.
CoPilot Live 6 incorporates ALK's unique live tracking functionality, which can display driver locations in real-time on a secure web site. This free of charge service is ideal for individuals wanting friends or colleagues to monitor their progress when out on the road, or for businesses that want to take advantage real-time location information to better communicate with and manage mobile workers. Customers can upgrade to multi-vehicle tracking and reporting services.
"CoPilot Live 6 sets a new standard for mobile navigation and for the safe delivery of relevant, real-time information to drivers" said Michael Kornhauser, Managing Director of ALK Technologies Ltd, "CoPilot Live is now more powerful, easier to use, and supports a wider range of mobile phones and PDAs, making satellite navigation more accessible and affordable than ever."
Phil Chapman, Marketing Director at T-Mobile UK said "All of us know what a pain it is to get lost, run low on petrol, get into a traffic jam or just plain don't know where we are. CoPilot sat nav has been a natural add-on for many of T-Mobile's customers signing up for our new web 'n' walk proposition."
Jason Langridge, UK Mobility Business Manager, Microsoft. commented "GPS is taking off and we are seeing a greater demand for GPS solutions in Windows Mobile Devices. CoPilot Live takes full advantage of the Windows Mobile software platform allowing users the benefit of having one device that is not only their phone, but can also provide satellite navigation through a familiar user experience."
CoPilot Live 6 Highlights
- Updated, premium street maps from NAVTEQ with enhanced Western Europe coverage and thousands of new and updated Points of Interest. Now also includes limited coverage of Czech Republic, Hungary and Croatia.
- 7 digit UK Post Code search.
- New adjustable trip calculation and user profiles to avoid or flavor specific road types.
- Simple, intuitive user interface. All Pocket PC functions and options can be accessed via finger-touch menus.
- Enhanced 3D map display with distance-to-turn indicators, scrolling map, and turn arrow that highlights the way ahead.
- Support for multiple voices and 'hot-swappable' voices. Additional voices will be made available as a download.
- Easier Points of Interest Importing and support for widely available 3rd party formats.
- Real-time traffic-ready. CoPilot Live 6 supports both TMC and GPRS Traffic information. Traffic availability and cost varies according to region and retailer.
- Clearer directions through enhanced turn and Motorway exit instructions.
- Support for Windows Mobile 5, VGA screens, Landscape mode and square screens.
- 1GB Plug and Drive map upgrade cards pre-loaded with complete, seamless European or USA maps available.
- Enhanced Live Tracking and Internet messaging service with simplified set-up. Multi-vehicle tracking and fleet reporting available as an upgrade.
- Automatic Bluetooth GPS set-up avoids the need for complex configuration.
- Discounts for existing customer map upgrades and version upgrades.
- Support for Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PCs and Smartphones
CoPilot Live 6 will be available across Europe through authorized dealers and retailers, and will be supplied as an accessory and in bundles with the latest Windows Mobile devices from T-Mobile UK. Certain packages will be subsidized when purchased with a T-Mobile contract, making satellite navigation incredibly portable and affordable.
Find more screenshots MSMobileNews.com
Cheers ~ Arne