and professionals striving to be more organized and productive in the new year
can rely on Sprint and Motorola to help them achieve their New Year's
resolution. The companies announced today they plan to begin offering the Sprint
Mobile Broadband Smart Device MOTO Q by Motorola later this month in Sprint
business sales channels and online at
Slim and stylish, the Motorola Q offered from Sprint operates on the Windows Mobile
5.0 Smartphone Platform with the Messaging and Security Feature Pack and gives
customers easy access to mobile E-Mail, Web, calendar, music, video and phone
functionality in one pocket-sized device.
Exclusive features available only from Sprint include:
- Sprint Mobile Broadband Service on the Sprint Power Vision Network.
- Customized Sprint Powerdeck - The NEW Sprint Powerdeck Located in the
Internet Explorer Favorites Menu will provide users with Featured Content,
optimized content links and an online searchable User Guide for convenient
access to tips, troubleshooting techniques and how-to instructions.
- NFL Mobile - available exclusively from Sprint, this application brings
the world of NFL to your handset. Access team content, check real-time
scores and stats, and shop for NFL downloads. NFL Mobile is included with
any Sprint Power Vision data pack starting as low as US$ 15 a month.
- On Demand - retrieve customized, up-to-date web content such as sports,
weather, news, money and movie information with the push of a button.
"Life today goes beyond the home or office. The Motorola Q operating on
the Sprint Power Vision Network gives our customers the power of information
that moves with them in a sleek, ultra-thin form factor," said Danny Bowman,
vice president of customer equipment for Sprint. "And with a Sprint Power
Vision Access pack, available for as low as US$ 15 per month, Sprint
customers have the power do more for less each month."
In addition to the exclusive Sprint offerings, customers can benefit from the
following advanced features:
- Enhanced E-Mail capabilities with Good Mobile Messaging - provides
secure, real-time access to E-Mail and corporate data with a familiar,
Outlook-like interface. Available directly from the Sprint Powerdeck
allowing for convenient and easy installation
- QWERTY keyboard for easy, accurate messaging
- Flexible push E-Mail capabilities including support for Microsoft
Exchange Server 2003 and Good Mobile Messaging, as well as consumer E-Mail
solutions such as POP3, IMAP4 and TP protocols
- Wireless synchronization with Microsoft Outlook E-Mail, calendar, tasks
- Windows Media Player 10 Mobile for playback and streaming of music,
video and audio
- Large, high-resolution display
- Integrated version 1.2 Bluetooth wireless technology 1.2
- 1.3 megapixel camera with flash and 6x digital zoom, video capture with
sound and playback
- Externally accessible mini SD card slot for additional storage
- Five-way navigation button and thumb wheel for single-handed operation
Sprint is enabling the MOTO Q with flexible connectivity options including
phone-as-modem functionality to allow customers to use the device with a laptop
for high-speed data access via the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network.
"The MOTO Q is a great example of how Motorola is executing upon its
vision of seamless mobility, providing complete and reliable mobility," said
Peter Aloumanis, vice president and strategic account manager, Motorola
Sales and Services. "On the Sprint Power Vision Network, the MOTO Q provides
Sprint customers with high-quality voice and data in a sleek and intelligent
device that is ideal for productivity and entertainment."
Sprint is expected to begin offering the MOTO Q in all channels including
Sprint Stores in mid-February.
Cheers ~ Arne