How PDAFrance reports today, HTC is preparing the launch of a new Pocket PC (without Phone Edition) with inbuilt GPS, which would be the first GPS device from HTC itself and follows the success of other OEMs like Mitac who launched a couple of GPS enabled Pocket PCs already.
According to PDAFrance the Galaxy is a kind of an updated HTC Magician (i-mate JAM, o2 Xda mini, etc.) with approximately the same dimension.
Feature-wise, the Galaxy comes along way more updated:
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0
- Samsung S3C2440M CPU with 300Mhz
- 64MB Flash ROM, 32MB SDRAM
- 2.8" TFT LCD with 240x320 pixels
- Integrated receiver GPS
- Bluetooth and W-LAN 802.11b
- Infrared IrDA and USB Slave
- SDIO/MMC support
- 109.7mm x 59.4mm x 17.6mm (Magician: 108.2 mm x 58 mm x 18.2 mm)
As the::unwired resources confirmed, the HTC Galaxy should become available until end of this year but will not be carried by mobile operators but distribution partners.
The retail price is expected to be less than a (non-subsidized) HTC Magician.
Cheers ~ Arne