EZOS, the maker of EzWAP are ready to launch its new EzWAP version 2.5 soon which will includes and supports MMS (Mobile Multimedia Messaging Service), the "follower" (?) of the successful SMS technology. Again, the first worable MMS client comes from EZOS, as years before the first real workable WAP client.
What's new within EzWAP 2.5? It's - as before - a complete WAP browser, which supports more features than the most WAP services provides today plus an integrated MMS client:
EzWAP 2.5 places Mobile Internet information and services in the palm of your hand. Pocket PC 2002 Phone Edition software-based devices and next-generation phones based on the Microsoft Smartphone 2002 platform which run EzWAP client offer easy and secure access to
relevant Internet/Intranet information via wireless networks.
Simply install EzWAP on your device and then you can browse Mobile Internet sites as easily as you currently browse HTML sites using a standard web browser. You can also create, send and receive MMS messages.
Enhanced messages containing graphics, sound and text are as simple to create as a PowerPoint presentation. EzWAP 2.5 improves security thanks to its WPKI functionalities and Smart Card integration onto enabled devices.
EzWAP 2.5 is based on EZOSâ€™ MoByKit, the platform-independent toolkit that is available for manufacturers of electronic appliances who want to integrate Mobile Internet technology quickly into their particular platforms.
- Supports multiple markup languages:
- XHTML Basic
- cHTML (iMode)
- SMIL (MMS)
- Supports multiple graphics formats:
- Animated GIF
- Supports multiple sound formats:
- Supports scripting with WMLScript
- Supports WAP text and WBXML
- Supports multipart-related and multipart-mixed content for MMS
- Supports MM1 protocol for MMS
- Supports SAR for WTP
- Supports standard internet protocol HTPP and security with SSL
- Supports HTTP proxy with authentication
- Supports WSP-WTP WAP protocol for connectionless and connection oriented WAP gateways
- Supports WAP push technology for service indication and service loading (over IP and SMS)
- WTLS class II with RSA WTLS-C
- Includes RSA SecurID technology for strong authentication
- Smart Card integration
- Supports WAP EFI for external calls and extension DLL
- Supports WTAI (Wireless Telephnie Application Interface) via an extension DLL
- Setup and provisioning via SMS
International language support
- Supports multiple encoding: UTF8, UCS-2, USASCII, ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-5, ISO-8859-6, ISO-8859-7, ISO-8859-8, BIG 5
- WAP specification version 2.0, W3C recommendation XHTML basic 1.0, NTT Docomo iMode cHTML v 3.0, RFC 2616, RFC 2617 HTPP
EzWAP isn't released today by EZOS but should comes out soon.
Thanks to EZOS, I got a preview sample of EzWAP 2.5 today. I will play a little bit with EzWAP 2.5 during the weekend and will give you a review next week!
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information]