After TomTom prereleased TomTom Navigator 6 exclusively with Palm, today TomTom also released it's latest GPS-based Navigator product for a broader range of devices, incl. Windows Mobile Pocket PCs and Smartphones.
TomTom Navigator 6 integrates TomTom Navigator 5 and TomTom MOBILE 5 into one multi-platform solution for PDA's and Smartphones - TomTom Navigator 6, the ideal solution for customers who need their PDA or Smartphone and navigation system integrated in one personal device.
TomTom will unveil both a regional and European version of Navigator 6. The regional version will come with detailed maps of a customer's country or region, as well as including the major roads in Western Europe, for seamless cross border navigation. The European version features complete door-to-door navigation anywhere in Western Europe.
Key New Features
Users of Navigator 6 can also take advantage of TomTom's innovative desktop
software application TomTom HOME, which enables users to easily manage,
download, store and transfer content and services to their device. TomTom HOME
is compatible with both a PC and MAC. TomTom Navigator 6 also includes TomTom's
innovative TomTom Buddies service, enabling authorized TomTom users to locate
each other and send instant messages.
Other new key features of TomTom Navigator 6 include:
- Contact navigation: Navigate direct to contacts stored in your address
- Arrival time planning: Plan a route based on your desired arrival time
- Expanded Points of Interest searching: Navigate to a POI near current
driving location, near home, near destination or along route
- Speeding alert: Notifies the driver if they're speeding, even if they're
not in navigation mode
- Pre-installed Safety Camera database: The most up-to-date available list
of safety cameras is pre-installed
- Safety Lock: Disables a number of menu items before driving, ensuring
that maximum attention is kept on the road
- Realistic visual instructions: Visuals replicate road signs, making them
easier to follow
- Pedestrian navigation view: 2D map which is fixed in one position to
allow better orientation when navigating on foot
TomTom Navigator 6 will be available from September 2006. It is available
as a stand alone software product or bundled together with a PDA or smart
phone through retailers. TomTom Navigator 6 with navigation software and the
maps of a country/region plus major roads of Western Europe on memory card,
will cost 99 Euro.
Cheers ~ Arne