M of Australian MTekk got more information about the rumored HP Pocket PC Phone
Edition, called iPAQ H6300 and also reports on some very credible looking
Courtesy of new MTekk forum user ragnew, we now have what seems to be the
most complete specifications yet for the oft-rumored hp iPAQ 6000 series
Pocket PC Phone. The source is a draft 3 page brochure, which seems to go
into quite some detail. It looks like this will be quite a formidable
device, although the fact that the brochure is a draft may indicate that
further hardware changes are to occur. Nonetheless, it's exciting to see
this level of detail!
We've also received information that the device will
be released through T-Mobile in May, with AT&T getting the device in August.
This contradicts information recently discussed, which indicated either an
April or August release - but at least there's not too long to see which
date will be correct. Our informant goes on to say that, with the Motorola
MPx to be released in July, hp can't afford to wait.
- Integrated quad band GSM/GPRS, WLAN 802.11b, Bluetooth 1.1, IrDA and USB
- Operating system Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC Phone Edition
- Processor Texas Instruments OMAPâ„¢ 1510
- Display 3.5" (89mm) Transflective TFT color with LED backlight
- Camera (on select SKUs) Built-in VGA, 640x480 resolution
- Memory 64-MB SDRAM, 64-MB Flash ROM Memory (55-MB user accessible)
- Up to 20-MB iPAQ File Store (varies by SKU)
- Dimensions 4.68" x 2.95" x .73" (119mm x 75mm x 18.7mm)
- Weight 6.7 oz (190 g)
To get all the specifications, check out MTekk. By now, no price was
given. This seems to be an interesting device and I will try to get more
information ASAP. However, why to put 64 MB into it? That's something I
still can't believe.
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] Source : [MTekk]