As we have rumored here on PPCW.Net a while ago, T-Mobile is definitely working on a new Pocket PC Phone Edition and confirmed it today together with the celebration of the one-year anniversary for the launch of the first Pocket PC Phone Edition in Germany called MDA. In conjunction with this event, T-Mobile has released first sneak photos of the MDA follower (right now without any public names) so let us call it "MDA II" for now.
According to T-Mobiles press release the "MDA II" will be a tri-band Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition with 3.5 inch screen supporting 65.000 colors and will include a VGA camera:
As you can see above on the official T-Mobile photos, the T-Mobile "MDA II" will be definitely the same device like the recently announced O2 xda II (see exclusive PPCW.Net photo below):
which was announced by O2 with the following features:
- Triband capability to enable seamless use worldwide
- Integrated 640x480 pixels digital camera and full multimedia messaging functionality
- Bluetooth and optional Wireless LAN capability
- Faster processor (Intel Xscale 400 MHz) facilitating faster use
- Improved talk and standby time
- Microsoft Phone Edition of Windows Mobile 2003 Software for Pocket PC
So far T-Mobile only announced that it will be available before end 2003. A price wasn't given today. Also unknown is where T-Mobile will introduce the device but since it is a tri-band Pocket PC Phone Edition it's likely to be released in Europe as well as in the US (see the rumor also).
Cheers ~ Arne
Related Links : [More Information] Source : [T-Mobile Germany]